CHAPTER 21 (Part-2)

(Ella's POV)

I felt myself lying on a sandy surface.

When I opened my eyes I noticed that I'd been washed up on the a beach shore of some sort of island.

I looked up only to be met by a familiar pair of sea green eyes.

"Nora! Oh gods you’re alive?!" Percy said.

Before I could say anything however I got crushed in a hug & got a mouthful of blonde hair as well...

I spoke through the mouthful of hair...

"Whats up guys?"

"Don’t. Even. start." Annie states sternly.

I look over at Percy who also avoided my gaze & quickly looked away. What was going on with these two...

We kept walking in an overbearingly awkward silence, until we finally bumped into a lady.

“Welcome!” said the lady with a clipboard.

She looked like a flight attendant-blue business suit, perfect makeup, hair pulled back in a ponytail. She shook our hands as we stepped onto the dock.

With the dazzling smile she gave us, you would’ve thought we’d just gotten off the Princess Andromeda rather than a banged-up rowboat.

Then again, our rowboat wasn’t the weirdest ship in port. Along with a bunch of pleasure yachts, there was a U.S. Navy submarine, several dugout canoes, & an old-fashioned three masted sailing ship.

There was a helipad with a “Channel Five Fort Lauderdale” helicopter on it, & a short runway with a Learjet and a propeller plane that looked like a World War II fighter. Maybe they were replicas for tourists to look at or something.

“Is this your first time with us?” the clipboard lady inquired.

Percy, Annie & I exchanged looks.

Annie said, “Umm...”

“First-time-at-spa,” the lady said as she wrote on her clipboard. “Let’s see...”
She looked us up & down critically.

“Mmm. An herbal wrap to start for the young lady with the blond hair. An outfit change & hairdo for the other young lady. And of course, a complete makeover for the young gentleman.”

“A what?” Percy asked.

She was too busy jotting down notes to answer.

“Right!” She said with a breezy smile. “Well, I’m sure C.C. will want to speak with you personally before the luau. Come, please.”

Now here’s the thing. The three of us were used to traps, & usually those traps looked good at first. So I expected the clipboard lady to turn into a snake or a demon, or something, any minute.

But on the other hand, we’d been floating in a rowboat for most of the day. I was hot, tired, & hungry.

So when this lady mentioned a luau, my stomach sat up on its hind legs & begged like a dog.

“I guess it couldn’t hurt,” Annie muttered.

Of course it could, but we followed the lady anyway.

The place was amazing. There was white marble and blue water everywhere I looked. Terraces climbed up the side of the mountain, with swimming pools on every level, connected by watersides, waterfalls & underwater tubes you could swim through. Fountains sprayed water into the air,forming impossible shapes, like flying eagles & galloping horses.