CHAPTER 34

(Ella's POV)

A storm raged that night, but it parted around camp as storms usually did.

I'd always admired storms maybe because they seemed fascinating when you watched them from up close or the fact that it made me feel some sort of connection to my dad since he was never really around..

Lightning flashed against the horizon, waves pounded the shore, but not a drop fell in our valley.

We were protected again, thanks to the Fleece, sealed inside our magical borders.

Percy had showed up to my cabin yet again. He seemed insistent on trying to 'fix' things between us for some reason & I'll admit it was kinda sweet..

(FLASHBACK - 3 HOURS AGO)

There was a loud knock on my cabin door. I walked over & opened it to find Percy on the other side.

"We need to talk." He said before I could speak.0

I was about to say something but Percy quickly stopped me & said. "Please don't try to push me away this time."

I walk over to my bed & take a seat before gesturing for him to sit beside me, then say.

"What do you want to talk about?"

"I've noticed that you've been acting really weird lately. Don't even try to deny it. Ever since we've come back from that quest you try & avoid me whenever you can. Why?"

I hesitated because I couldn't tell him the whole truth so I decided on telling him only the half of it.

"I just...I couldn't stand the fact that you've always been spending time with Annie. I mean it's come to the extent where I've began to feel like you're just trying to replace me with her..."

"No! Of course not! I'd never try to replace you okay?? Never. I was talking to her just because I didn't want to completely avoid her either. I'm sorry.."

I just sigh & hold my arms out to him for a hug. He seems surprised at first but doesn't hesitate to give me a hug.

"I really am sor-" He starts to say, but I quickly cut him off & say.

"It's okay...I should've acted better too. I could've just spoken to you sooner instead of trying to avoid a conversation..."

Eventually he had to head back to his cabin since it was way past curfew.

I watched him walk across to the Poseidon cabin which was the cabin close to mine.

He turned back one last time, waved at me & said in an audible voice.

"Good night, Nora."

"Night, Perce. Sleep well." I say waving back at him.

I head inside my own cabin laying onto the bed, completely exhausted.

(END OF FLASHBACK)

A part of me was really happy, however that Percy & I had sorted things out.

That night I slept with a content smile plastered on my face.

Still, my dreams were restless. I heard Kronos tauting me from the depths of Tartarus: "You've done well little girl. This was all part of the plan..."

The titan's cold laughter filled the darkness.

Then my dream changed. I was at Half-Blood Hill right beside Thalia's tree.

I looked around & no one was there but as I looked to the base of the tree I saw...

Before I could react, I woke with a start.