The Heist

We watch, waiting. A minute later, a truck pulls down the road, headlights shining. "Y/n, back up. Back up, back up, back up," JJ mutters, pushing me back against the tree trunk. "Shhh," I hiss, moving against his chest. "Shit," JJ says as the truck stops, an orange light blinking on top of it. "No, no, no, no, no, that's not part of the plan," I groan.

"What is going on here?" The first man asks, shining his flashlight at the tracks. "What is this bullshit?" He asks. "You see this?" He asks his partner. "Unhook that for me," He nods, pointing to the cables attached to the signal light. Together, the two men gather the cables, unhooking them from the tracks. "Throw that in the back for me," He nods to his partner, handing him the bundle of cables. Finally, the light switches back to green. "Shit," I hiss, clinging to JJ's bicep. 

"You're all set over here," The man says into his walkie-talkie. "You think they got it?" I whisper anxiously. "Some asshole put jumper cables on the tracks," He says. "They've had enough time right?" I ask. "The train's starting," JJ shakes his head as the brakes squeal again. "We gotta go get them," I nod. "There goes the plan. Alright, we gotta go help them, come on," He nods, helping me up. He grunts as he trips again, barely catching himself.

"Come on," He whispers gently, pushing me in front of him towards the motorcycle. "Shit, alright," He mutters, leaning forward to get on. "Get on," He says as I sling my leg over, wrapping my arms around his torso. Suddenly, a huge truck speeds past us. "That's Top!" JJ says. "And that's the cross!" He says, watching the enormous wooden box shake in the truck bed. "Go, go, go!" I hiss as he quickly follows. 

We speed behind behind the truck, a cop car close behind us. "Shit!" I mutter. "J!" I say worriedly. "I know, I know!" He shouts over the noise, getting as close as possible to the truck. He pulls around the side, riding in the middle of the lanes. "What are you doing?" Pope screams at him from the bed of the truck. "Top keep going straight!" JJ shouts. "JJ!" I yell, worried at our speed. "Hey, ya'll be careful, alright!" Topper shouts through the window. "Topper hold it steady!" Sarah shouts. "I'm trying!" He shouts. "Get ready to jump!" JJ yells.

"What?" I scream. "What?" Pope screams. "Have you lost your mind?" I screech in his ear. "Probably! Get ready to jump!" He yells again. "Come on, come on! Okay, I've got you! I've got you!" Pope yells, holding his arms out. My heart beats quickly as we ride at at least 100 mph. I squeeze my eyes shut, taking a deep breath. "Come on!" Pope says again as I slowly stand. "Y/n, what are you doing?" Sarah screams. "Easy, easy, now," Pope says as he grabs me. I keep one hand on JJ and the other on Pope as I step across the two moving vehicles. "Be careful!" Pope shouts. I jump, landing on top of the wooden box. 

"You okay?" Pope asks. "You okay?" Cleo and Kie asks together as I slide down next to them behind the box. JJ falls back. "Yeah," I nod feverishly. "Are you good?" Topper shouts. "What's he gonna do?" Cleo shouts as we watch JJ stop, turning the motorcycle around. "I don't know. I don't think he knows, either," Pope mutters. I hold my breath watching. 

JJ faces the speeding cop car, right in the middle of the road. "Oh, my God, he's trying to get killed," I breathe. "Okay, maybe he's just trying to get rid of the cops," Topper panics. JJ revs the engine, riding straight toward the cop car. I try to scream but no sound comes out and I slap my hand over my mouth. JJ swerves at the last second, sending a rock flying into the windshield of the cop car as he passes. "Oh, my God!" I cry. 

The cops turn, following after JJ, who's speeding in the opposite direction. "He did it! They're chasing him!" Pope shouts. "Oh, shit!" I scream. "Oh, god," Topper breathes. "Topper, stop. Stop the truck!" Sarah screams. "Oh, my god, I'm not stopping the truck, Sarah!" He says. "Hey! Stop the truck!" Pope screams. "Stop the truck!" I scream at him, my heart pounding. "Stop the truck!" Kie and Cleo yell with me as we all bang on the cab of the truck.