// My Greatest Achievement //

Harry Potter was by no means a vain man. It had taken years of abuse and neglect to convince him of the fact that he would never amount to anything. He would never be anybody. He would never find what he was looking for, and he would never be wanted. Evan if he was a slayer of basilisks and defender of dark lords. Even if he was a boy who had not only ridden on the back of a hippogriff before, but also one who had a conversation with an enormous Acromantula-Aragog. He had faced death more times than anyone in existence, he had won the war. All of these things were achievements in the eyes of the public. 

His friends knew that he didn't want the fame that came with his name, but that was a given. You could list all of the things that made Harry an achiever, and still nothing on that list would grant you a warm smile that his new achievement had gifted him. And the best part about it was, he was the only person in the world that could lay claim to it. There was no one else who would ever have the chance to reach this high level of achievement, and for once in his life, Harry was grateful. That only Draco and himself would be able to take the title of Mr Malfoy-Potter. It had happened shortly after the war-Harry and Draco had got together to form a friendship that had been stolen from them years ago. 

Spending time with each other, slowly building their relationship from friends to lovers, and nobody was in their lives had ever seen the young men portray the same level of happiness that they did now. After a whirlwind romance of just one year, Harry had taken the plunge and had asked Draco to marry him. It had been a very private affair, because the new power couple were continuously followed around by the papers for either a photo or a comment. But neither men gave into their silly childish behaviour. Only granting them with either a smirk or a smile, but they always came out on top. 

Harry had taken his very demanding lover to a glitzy hotel in France, with him being the spoiled brat that he was and had asked the staff to prepare a table on the beach. No staff had to stay to serve them, Harry would do the honours himself. They were excited for him, and promised to do as he asked, not saying a word to his lover. At first Harry had been extremely nervous about the whole affair. It wasn't that he was scared that Draco was going to say no. He knew Draco loved him with a passion that could never be duplicated. Their love for each other growing day by day, making their smiles widen the more time they spent together. 

No, Harry's fear was that he didn't want anything to go wrong. The food had to be cooked a certain way, the wine had to be at the perfect temperature, and he prayed to all the gods that the weather was in his favour too. But all things like stress and worry aside, he was also excited and couldn't wait to see the look on Draco's face when he saw Harry kneeling with a ring in hand. He had taken Draco's breath away that night. They had enjoyed a delicious meal of roast venison, paired with herb and honey glazed carrots, garlic red skin mashed potatoes, butter mushrooms and a Ceaser salad. The wine had been a deep red Pinotage, that hit the pallet just perfectly. 

They had gone barefoot, so that when Draco had seen the table before him, he let out a huge "Oh Harry", making the hero smile beautifully. He loved it when Draco called him Harry. While seated, the waves would wash over their feet, making Draco giggle at the touch, which of course made Harry's heart flutter. When the wine was finished, Draco got up to go to the serving table to fetch another one, and when he had turned around, Harry was down on one knee with a velvet box in hand. He looked into Draco's eyes and saw that there were tears brimming there, and he knew-he just knew-that they were tears of happiness. 

They had promised to make each other happy, and Harry seriously hoped that he was doing it right, when he saw that Draco had dropped the wine. After telling the blonde that he was the only thing in the world that made him feel complete, and every other sappy story that goes with it, he blurted it out-"Mary me baby"-and Draco ran to him and got down on his knees, to kiss Harry's face all over. Their shared tears and kisses, both of them tasting salt-but not knowing whose it was, they didn't stop until Draco was breathless and whispered out-"Yes my love. Yes yes yes." Which had them kissing all over again.