IV: I just wanted a ciggy?

A unanimous decision called for the band, the girls and Lola all going out for drinks afterwards. The drive called for two cars, the boys in Matty's and the girls in Alison's.

As they drove through the city, the atmosphere in both cars was filled with excitement and a sense of accomplishment. The boys' car echoed with laughter, playful banter, and music from their own repertoire playing on the stereo. Matty took on the role of the DJ, enthusiastically selecting songs that kept the energy high and fueled the celebratory mood.

In Alison's car, the girls engaged in animated conversations, recounting funny moments from the shoot and sharing their thoughts on the experience. Alison, Kate, Jane, and Mikey bonded over their shared time on set and the adrenaline rush they felt while embodying the band members. Lola soothed all their insecurities, ensuring they looked gorgeous while doing their job. Their laughter and chatter intertwined with the music playing softly in the background.

Arriving at the venue, a trendy bar with a lively ambiance, they found a cozy corner booth large enough to accommodate the entire group. The band members and the girls settled in, ordering a variety of drinks to suit their tastes, from craft beers to colourful cocktails. Alison sat in between a giggly Lola and a talkative Matty.

Despite there being 8 others at the table, Alison found that everyone was chatting together, Matty taking selfies with Alison and Lola buying her drinks. Alison talked about her modelling career with Kate who wished to go down a similar route. Adam and Ross told the story of meeting Alison, and Mikey and Jane talked to Alison about how they loved her shoes.

That makes seven people, right? There was one that wasn't talking to Alison. George. She wished she could say it wasn't just her that he was ignoring, but it was. He talked smoothly with Kate, Mikey and Jane and laughed his head off with the boys.

"How long are you playing drums, George?" Alison asks, breaking their unspoken vow of silence.

George looks up at her, looking blankly at her for a moment before he speaks.

"About 10 years." He answers monotonously and then returns to conversing with Mikey.

Alison felt a mix of frustration and curiosity as George responded to her question with minimal interest. She couldn't help but wonder why he seemed so disengaged when it came to interacting with her. Was there something she had done to offend him? Or was it simply his aloof personality that made him distant?

Alison could not help but dwell on this. She was a sensitive person and this was really getting to her. She didn't want to ruin everyone's night and call George out in front of everybody, so she simply excused herself for a cigarette to diffuse.

Alison stepped outside of the bar, seeking a moment of solitude and fresh air to gather her thoughts. She needed a break from the tension she had been feeling with George throughout the evening. As she stood outside, exhaling a cloud of smoke, her mind wandered, contemplating the dynamics within the group, thinking about the set of the video today and how she can't wait to see the finished product.

Lost in her own thoughts, Alison was startled when a man suddenly appeared.

"How are you, sweetheart?" his voice was gravelly, like he'd smoked 700 cigars today alone.

He sported a green beanie, thick with dirt. He had overgrown white and grey stubble and red, porous skin.  He was around the same height as Alison, but about twice as broad.

He moved too close for comfort, attempting to touch her hip. Panic surged through Alison as she instinctively recoiled, attempting to create distance between them.

Before the situation could escalate any further, George emerged from the bar at the perfect moment. He quickly assessed the situation, recognizing the danger Alison was in. With a protective instinct, he swiftly stepped between them, blocking the man's path towards Alison.

"What do you think you're doing?" George's voice was firm and commanding, a sharp contrast to his previous aloofness.

The man hesitated, caught off guard by George's sudden intervention. George continued, his voice laced with authority, "She's my girlfriend, and you need to back off right now."

Alison, still startled and shaken, found solace in George's protective presence. She'd never really noticed how tall he was, she was just about past his shoulder.

The man, taken aback by George's assertiveness, hesitated for a moment before finally retreating, realising he had picked the wrong target.

As the man disappeared into the night, Alison took a deep breath, her heart still racing. She looked up at George, his expression softened with concern, a stark contrast to his previous disinterest.

"Thank you, George," she managed to say, her voice filled with gratitude and relief.

He nods, not speaking in response and instead heading back inside without another word.

Are you fucking serious ?

Alison can feel her blood boil. What on earth is wrong with him?

Her mind raced with questions. Was he purposely being distant and aloof? Did he not care about her well-being? Alison tried to reason with herself, reminding herself that George had just saved her from a potentially dangerous situation. But the mixed signals and his sudden dismissal of the incident left her feeling hurt and bewildered.

Taking a moment to collect herself, Alison stubbed out her cigarette and reentered the bar, ordering herself a Coca-Cola rather than another cocktail.

She felt a strong urge to distance herself from the situation and find solace in familiar company. With a heavy sigh, she made her way to the booth where Matty, Lola, and the rest of the group were still engaged in lively conversation.

Matty, perceptive as ever, noticed the change in Alison's demeanor as she approached. Concern etched his face as he walked to her, his voice filled with genuine care.

"Hey, are you okay?" he asked softly, his eyes reflecting genuine concern.

Alison manages a weak smile. "I'm great, no yeah I'm good. I just have a bit of a headache, that's all. Thanks Matty.."

Meanwhile, Lola, who had noticed Alison's distress, approached them with concern sitting on her face. She placed a comforting hand on Alison's shoulder.

"Hey, sweetie, what's going on?" Lola asked, her voice filled with genuine care.

"We're all good, promise." Alison smiles, Matty nodding in agreement. Alison doesn't wish to make a scene knowing that the others aren't too far away, however Mikey and Jane were too drunk to even notice.

As the night progressed, Alison's unease continued to linger, making it difficult for her to fully enjoy the evening. Despite her attempts to push through and engage with the group, the incident outside the bar weighed heavily on her mind. She felt drained and in need of some solitude to process her emotions.

Feeling a growing desire to retreat to the comfort of her own space, Alison made a decision. She approached Matty, Lola, and the others with a polite smile.

"Hey guys, I'm sorry, but I think I'm going to head home. I'm just not feeling well," she explained, her voice tinged with genuine exhaustion.

Concern flickered in Lola's eyes as she quickly grasped the situation. Understanding Alison's need for solitude, Lola spoke up.

"Don't worry, Alison. I'll come with you. We can hang out at your place and have a chilled night. Just the two of us,"