V: Slumber party + Edgy 20 somethings

"Don't worry, Alison. I'll come with you. We can hang out at your place and have a chilled night. Just the two of us," Lola suggested, her voice filled with warmth and support.

Alison's tired expression transformed into one of gratitude and relief. She truly valued Lola's friendship and appreciated her willingness to be there for her.

"That would be really nice, Lola. Thank you," Alison replied, her voice filled with sincerity. "Let's go."

With their plans set, the group bid Alison and Lola farewell, understanding and respecting their decision to leave early. As they made their way to the taxi, Lola offered a comforting smile, reassuring her friend that she was there for her.

Once they arrived at Alison's place, they settled in, creating a cozy atmosphere. Lola fetched some blankets and pillows, setting up a comfortable space in the living room. Jenna, Alison's housemate is gone to Morocco for the weekend to catch some rays. Lucky bitch.

With the living room transformed into a cozy nest of blankets and pillows, Alison and Lola settled in, ready for a night of relaxation and girl talk. The soft glow of the dimmed lights and the gentle music playing in the background created a soothing ambiance.

As they snuggled into the cozy setup, Alison couldn't help but feel a sense of comfort and ease in Lola's presence. She took a deep breath, feeling a weight lifted off her shoulders as she prepared to open up about her feelings regarding George.

"Can I ask you something, Lola?" Alison speaks, her voice soft and vulnerable.

"Anything at all." Lola smiles, giving her full attention to Alison.

Alison sighs, wondering how to even begin.

"Do you think George hates me? Like, did you see how he was talking to me tonight? He wouldn't even shake my hand when he met me.."  Sadness taints her voice.

Lola squeezes Alison's hand. "I'm not gonna lie to you, I did notice.. and honestly I don't know why he's acting like this. He's a really nice guy usually.. always chatting and the boys all love him.. It's just unlike him."

Alison nodded, appreciating Lola's honesty. She felt a mix of validation and confusion, grateful that Lola acknowledged George's unusual behavior while also being uncertain about the reasons behind it.

"But look, I live with Matty and George.. and I want you to come over as often as you like, say hi and have sleepovers. Don't let George get to you, because Matty, Ross and Adam think you're the coolest kid around and they really do like you. George will warm up to you in his own time."

Alison nodded, a renewed sense of warmth and relaxation settling within her. With Lola by her side, she knew the night would be filled with genuine connection and support.

As the evening unfolded, Alison and Lola engaged in heartfelt conversations, shared laughter, and found solace in each other's presence. They talked about their dreams, their fears, and the joys and challenges they encountered in life. Through it all, their bond grew stronger, and Alison felt a deep sense of gratitude for having Lola as a friend.

In the comfort of their cozy sanctuary, Alison's worries about George started to fade into the background. She realized that the strength of her friendship with Lola and the support of the other friends in their circle were far more important than one person's puzzling behavior.