XXI: Playing on My Mind

The early hours of the 20th of may, 2013

Alison decided that the conversation that her and Matty shared the night before was best kept secret. It kept her up though. She laid alone in the King sized bed of the hotel room. George lay on the sofa, his lanky body dangling off the ends. He was fast asleep. She imagined that Ross and Adam were also fast asleep, but she knew that Matty was awake.

She rose from the bed, her bare feet padding across the carpeted floor to the side of the couch on which George slept. She didn't feel bad waking him.

Something about Matty's little confession had inspired her to just do things. She didn't want to be petty with George or hold a grudge- for many reasons actually. The main few being that she genuinely had feelings for him- and she knew that that meant something. That maybe the universe or whatever the fuck is up there controlling everyone's lives and their fate- brought her and George together, and she didn't want to deny fate.

Another reason was that she felt George's intentions were pure. After heaps of consoling and reassurance from Matty, Ross and Adam- she felt comfortable and safe trusting George.

"George?" She whisper yelled, giving the tattooed boy a shake.

George stirred, half waking up. "Mhmm?"

Alison shook him some more. "Wake up, c'mon."

George doesn't wake and Alison gives up, hopping back up on to her bed. She missed Christopher. She missed Dad. She missed Lola. She really, badly missed Lola. She opens her phone and opens Lola's contact.

I'm so sorry. I miss you.

Her finger hovered over the arrow for a few seconds, unsure if sending the message was a good idea, but she remembered her new way of living- Don't think, just do.

Sent

In the meantime, she scrolled through instagram. She hadn't even noticed that it was three in the morning. She scrolled and scrolled, nothing really taking her mind off Lola, George or Matty, until something caught her eye.

1975's George Daniel announces relationship with model, Alison Evans in a new heartfelt instagram post

Alison's heart skipped a beat as she read the headline. She clicked on the article, her hands trembling slightly. As she scrolled through George's Instagram feed, she found the post in question. It was a candid photo of them together, laughing at something off-camera.

The caption read: "This is my girlfriend/roadie. She's super cool."

Alison laughed to herself at George's nonchalant announcement. She knew she would've cringed at some grand display of love, the simple announcement with a joke included was more than enough for her. The comments were all from friends of theirs, or fans, all commenting sweet things.

She walked out of bed once more and looked at George, waves of guilt hit her hard as she watched him sleep on the uncomfortable looking couch. She hovered over his body for a moment and rubbed the back of his neck, watching him breathe.

She thought for a split second, in that moment, that she was in love with him. She googled when was it okay to be in love with someone, and she couldn't get a straight answer. She thought that people who had to google whether or not it was acceptable to love someone, were already in love and whatever answer Google gave them could not change that.

"I love you, George."

She knew that he was asleep, but the most beautiful kind of expression of love is the kind that is verbalised with no expectations of reciprocation, not thinking that the other owes you something in return. Alison liked that thought, but she knew that if she told an awake George that she loved him and he didn't say it back, it would hurt a lot more than a sleeping George doing the same thing.