xiii

______________________________________

Walking in an abandon building holding the bloody rose, Zero enter a room and without wasting any movement he shoot the third man who ambush him.

"Last one left" and he turn around, looking for the last one who run away
______________________________________

Outside the abandon building,

"This is the place" a lazy young man voice stated

"Shiki, you'll get a sunburn without a parasol."

"Oh"

"Shiki, Rima, I'll be waiting for you over there. Finish your errand quickly or you'll be late for the photo shoot! And Shiki, you get sunburn easily so you get under Rima's parasol too! You're a professional model!"

"Why mine?"

"Ok"

Shiki and Rima then enter the dilapidated building

"Why do we have to hunt former humans during the day? I want to eat Zero's food"

"It's an order from the Senate. They don't want the Society to hunt it down first. And it can't be help, Zero left so early"

"Eh? We're competing with them?"

"Our target became a level E only recently, so it could still be quite intelligent. That won't make much of a difference though."

Surveying inside, Shiki stop

"Oh? Zero is here"

"How can you tell?"

"This place smell like-"

"Oh! My comrade come to see me? Sorry but I'm busy"

Looking up on the second floor, a level E stand there holding an unconscious girl on his arm.

"Do you intend to swipe my dessert? That's not fair. I can't let you do that. I'm saving her for later!" He then let go of the girl as he jump down to attack them.

Shiki step forward as he pierce his finger with his fang and use his blood as a whip, attacking the level E with a destructive force.

The man, knowing he doesn't have a chance against a noble, he jump back and ran away, leaving the two noble

"Huh? It ran away."

"Why are you just standing around? Hurry!"

"I don't like chasing...."

"Go after it" While the two are bickering, the man ran over the hallway when he was suddenly shot on his leg and was pinned on the floor  by a foot on his back

"Your stupid game of tag is finally over"

CLICK

Zero point his gun on the mans head coldly "This is the end, vampire"

"Oh dear.... I've been caught. But now I won't have to kill anymore right?"

Zero's eye saddened but doesn't hesitate to pull the trigger, turning the man into ash. "This world is also cruel, we can't live how we want to be."

Looking down at the ash, his eyes once again covered in cold before turning away, intend to leave

"Hey, Zero. We found a girl over here. What should we do? She's still alive."

Surprise, Zero turn and found Rima and Shiki holding a girl over his shoulder.

"What are you doing here? And, what did you call me?"