14

"You look like you just saw a ghost," Yeji laughed.

Ryujin took a moment to process the fact that Yeji was conscious.

"Come here, you idiot. I heard everything. I love you too."

Ryujin enveloped Yeji in her arms, and they stayed like that for a good minute. The two caught up with each other, expressing how much they longed for one another's presence.

"I was actually going to your house to talk to you there... Then it started raining, so I decided to run, and then I passed out and woke up-"

"I heard from Ryeong. I'm sorry for not doing anything either."

"No, no! If anyone should apologize, it should be me. I started this stupid mess and got myself into this."

"Really, I'm sorry too. If I had thought about my feelings more, we wouldn't be in this situation right now. I'm sorry. I almost lost you..." Ryujin put her head down.

Yeji gently lifted Ryujin's head with her hand and pulled her into a tight hug. They found comfort in each other's embrace. Ryujin listened to Yeji's heartbeat, once belonging to her past lover. Now, it was safe with her current one.

"I love you, Yeddeong."

"I love you too, Ryuddaeng."

Ryujin quietly whispered, "my two souls and one heart."

Time skip - one week later

The two grew even closer after resolving their feelings. Finally, the girl she loved loved her back, Yeji thought. Ryujin, on the other hand, was filled with happiness. Her love for Yeji grew stronger with each passing day. It had been a week since the incident, and Ryujin had been contemplating asking Yeji to officially be hers. She teamed up with Chaeryeong and Yuna to make her plan work. Essentially, Yeji believed she was going to have a normal dinner with Chaeryeong and Yuna, but in reality, only Ryujin would show up instead of them. It was a simple surprise, nothing extravagant.

"Hey, Yeddeong, what are you planning to do tonight?"

"Oh! Ryeong and Yuna invited me to dinner. Do you want to come?"

"I'm okay. I'll let you spend time with them."

"Oh, okay!"

Yeji headed home to shower and get ready before leaving the house. "Ryuddaeng! I'm leaving now!" she called out to Ryujin.

"Okay! Message me when you arrive." Ryujin kissed Yeji on the cheek and walked her to the door.

Yeji hopped into a cab, telling the driver the name of the restaurant, and they set off.

Meanwhile, Ryujin quickly dressed up as well and messaged Chaeryeong and Yuna, asking if Yeji had messaged any of them yet. They informed her that they believed Yeji was still on her way and would let Ryujin know once she messaged.

Ryujin freshened up one last time and picked up the white box she had been hiding for a while. "God, I love her."

Ryujin was driving to the restaurant when she received a message from Yeji. "I've arrived! I'll go find Ryeong and Yuna now! <3" Ryujin smiled upon reading the notification and continued driving.

Yeji entered the restaurant and looked around, but she couldn't spot her friends. Did they book a private room? She wondered. She decided to message Yuna and Chaeryeong to ask them where they were.

"Sorry, yes, we're running late! Just go and ask for the reservation. It's under your name."

Yeji proceeded to ask about the reservation and was then led to a private room, just as she had suspected.

She settled down and patiently waited for her friends. Meanwhile, Ryujin had already parked her car outside and entered the restaurant. She made her way to the private room and opened the door.

"Guys, you're so late! I've been waiting for so long—Ryujin??" Yeji's surprise was evident on her face.

"Hi, Yeddeong." Ryujin waved, her whisker dimples showing.

"Ryujin what are you doing here?"

"Am I not allowed to see a beautiful woman tonight?" Yeji blushed upon hearing that.

"In all seriousness though, I'm here to have a date with you" Ryujin winks.

Ryujin explained that this had all been intentional and that she had something to say. Before that though, she said to enjoy the dinner first. Once they finished, Yeji asked,

"So... What do you need to say? We're done eating, so I'm all ears."

"Hmm, okay..." Ryujin took a deep breath and retrieved the tiny white box, opening it to reveal a simple ring inside. "Yeji, ever since we first met in the hospital, you have made my life so much better. You have healed me and taken care of me, and I hope I can do the same for you. During the time we didn't talk due to our stupid misunderstanding, you made me realize many things about love and taught me a few things too. The first thing was to always love and cherish those close to us dearly, and the second was that loving you is one of the best things in life. It might sound cheesy, but that would never stop me from telling you that I love you. So, Hwang Yeji, Yeddeong, my love, will you be my girlfriend?"

Yeji opened her mouth, speechless at what Ryujin had just said.

"You better say something, or else I'll think that's a no-"

"YES! A million times yes, Ryujin."

The two got up from their seats and embraced each other tightly. With their foreheads resting against each other, they expressed their feelings once again.

"I love you."

"I love you more."

With that, they shared a kiss, expressing gratitude to the world for bringing them together.

-The End-

a/n
HJSDBCJHA ITS DONE BYEBYE I HOPE U GUYS ENJOYED IT EVEN IF IT WAS SHORT AND ASS WRITING :) TIL NEXT TIME <3