chapter three- Lady of the stars pt.1

AN:The lady speaks in italics.

________________________

"Hello my child."

Huh!? I was startled by the female voice. It was very similar to the voice from my nightmare. It was very late at night, so I didn't expect to hear someone's voice. Everyone was practically sleeping except from the guards at the gates.

"Who's there?" I asked turning around and searching the area near me but no one was there.

"Who are you?" I asked again, getting a little freaked out. So much for a relaxing time.

"I am who I am, but do you know who you are dear?" The answer was unclear, she reminds me of Gandalf. He always spoke with enigmas.

"What do you mean by that? And where are you?" At this point I think I'm going crazy. Maybe the lack of sleep in finally getting to me.

"You are not crazy Jude. I assure you I am just as real as you are." The voice read my thoughts. How is that possible? And what's with this answer. If she's real, then where is she?

I sighed. This is too much to handle for one night. I looked one last time at the waterfall in hopes of seeing this woman.

As I started to lose all hope, I felt a chill run down my spine and watched as the water from the waterfall moved forward. The water slowly revealed a very tall female figure that held herself with grace, I couldn't bring myself to look away. She was a fair lady, extremely beautiful and she was surrounded by a white glow that was shining like the stars. She looked ethereal, like a goddess. Both beautiful and deadly.

"It is alright Jude, do not fret. Although thank you for your compliments." She smiled at me and I noticed that she was speaking telepathically to me all this time.

"How can you read my thoughts?" I gently asked her.

"Oh, my dear Jude I don't hear just your thoughts, I can hear everything in all Eä." She kindly explained. But what was this Eä exactly...

Hearing my thoughts, the lady chuckled. "Eä is the universe." She explained once more.
"But it seems that you have much more important things to learn Jude." She continued.

"What do you mean by that?" I asked her confused.

"Long ago, I foresaw two figures coming to Middle Earth. They seemed ordinary at first, but one of them was more special. That figure had a light in them, a desire to help those in need without caring for their race. A kind soul that would face a lot of difficulties. That figure was you Jude." She paused. "I saw light in you and that's why I gave you a gift." I listened to her intently as she revealed all this new information to me.

So she knew me and Lydia were coming here and for some reason I am special? Now I wonder what is this gift she gave me, cause as far as I know I didn't receive anything from anyone. At least not an object.

"What I gave you Jude is both a gift and a burden. The power to manipulate water in all its forms. It is not an ordinary gift, but you are not ordinary either. Now that you know, I have no doubt you will find it hard to adjust to this new ability but don't worry, because I will help you." She smiled down at me but I was a bit shocked by all this information.

Do I really have powers? How did she give those powers, how do they work and most importantly what is she to have the ability to give powers to people?

My thoughts were a mess and I looked down at my feet to try and sort them out, make everything make sense. The best way I could.

"I understand this is a lot to take in my dear but it is your destiny. It was written in the stars. Besides, I will be by your side to help." She said and I gave her a little smile, her words were oddly comforting.