chapter seven- The trip to Lake-Town

Chapter 7    The trip to Lake-Town

AN: Reminder the lady speaks in italics. Enjoy 💕!
__________________

"Such is the nature of evil. Out there in the vast ignorance of the world it festers and spreads." Thranduil began as he walked around the orc prisoner. "In time all foul things come forth."

After Eliriel captured it, she and Legolas took it to Thranduil for interrogation. Eliriel found it hard to even look at the creature without feeling disgust as she stood next to Tauriel. Laerornel was standing at the opposite side, facing the orc's back. As Thranduil talked, Legolas held a knife at the orc's throat while it was on its knees.

"You were tracking a company of thirteen dwarves." Legolas stated. "Why?" He asked it. His tone holding authority.

"Not thirteen, not anymore." The creature said with its hoarse voice. "The young one, the black haired archer, we stuck him with a Morgul shaft."

Tauriel moved her head up to look at it as it mentioned Kili. Sending the creature a death glare.

Eliriel on the other hand looked down. Not wanting to remember the moment she failed to protect him.

"Poison's in his blood. He'll be choking on it soon." The orc added. An evil grin decorating its ugly face.

"Answer the question, filth." Tauriel hissed, still glaring at it.

"I do not answer to dogs, she-elf!" It snarled in black tongue. This made Tauriel to bring out her dagger, showing the orc she would not hesitate to kill it.

"Shut your mouth, orc scum!" Eliriel hissed as she took a step forward. Laerornel's muscles tensed at this action.

"I would not antagonize them." Legolas smirked, still holding the knife at its throat.

"You like killing things, orc? You like death?" Tauriel said as the creature growled. "Then let me give it to you!" She charged at the orc ready to slash its head off with her dagger but a voice stopped her.

"Enough!" Thranduil bellowed. "Tauriel, leave. Go now." He ordered and Tauriel had no choice but to obey.

She pulled back her weapon and stormed off, down the stairs. Eliriel soon followed behind her after she bowed to her king, knowing exactly where she was headed and Laerornel too.

"Tauriel, wait !" Eliriel yelled at her while she and Laerornel were trying to catch up. Tauriel stopped at the sound of her friend's voice and turned to face them.

"Eliriel, I know you might think this is stupid or-or impulsive, but I can not stay here. I have to go, find him." Tauriel said in one breath. "And I don't care if you're here to stop me I will-"

"Tauriel!" Eliriel shouted putting a hand on her friend's shoulder. "We're not here to stop you. We're coming with you." She sent her a reassuring smile.

Tauriel calmed down and returned the smile. After that the three friends took off with their weapons, to find the dwarves.
______________

"Close the gate!" Legolas ordered when he made it down the stairs. His father has ordered for everyone to stay in the Kingdom. "Keep it sealed by order of the King." He said and then turned to walk away.

"What about Eliriel ?" Elros asked.

Legolas stopped in his tracks. "What about her?" He asked before turning around to face Elros.

"She left with Tauriel and Laerornel and they went into the forest, armed with their weapons. They haven't returned." Elros said and pointed at the direction they left.
________________