chapter six- The Orc attack

Chapter 6      The Orc attack

AN: "Bold italics " are orcs speaking in black tongue.
__________________

The next morning, Eliriel found herself in her room, sitting on a chair finally able to talk to her friend, who she hasn't seen in a few days. Both girls have been extremely busy after the more frequent spider attacks. They just simply talked about their days. Eliriel shared her conversation with Kili and and Tauriel from the last night, while Laerornel complained about how Elros(chief of the guards) worked her to death.

"I swear he wanted to kill me. He made me check the whole border for any spiders. By myself!" Laerornel sighed loudly. "As if there aren't any other elves in this Kingdom."

Eliriel chuckled at her friend's annoyed expression. "Maybe he trusted you more for the task. You never know. Although checking the border is kinda our job." Her friend shot her a look at that comment.

"Well even so, I hated it." She pouted. "I couldn't take any breaks and I couldn't even talk to you."

"Aww, I knew you missed me!" Eliriel said playfully, lightly nudging her friend's shoulder.

"Yeah, yeah, of course you did!" Laerornel sighed, but her lips slowly formed a smile.

"Well, at least you weren't scolded by Legolas this morning." Eliriel rolled her eyes as she crossed her hands.

"What did you do Eliriel?" Laerornel asked knowing her friend.

"Me, nothing!" Eliriel said almost immediately. After a small pause she continued. "Well, yes I did something. Remember when I told you I talked to the dwarf Kili with Tauriel? And you also know that last night was the feast of Starlight, well instead of going at the celebration I stayed with them."

"Well no wonder he was mad, you were hanging out with that dwarf." Laerornel chuckled.

"His name is Kili and I did leave after a while. It was getting pretty late." Eliriel spoke. "Actually..., I was looking for you last night. I asked Legolas this morning if he saw you at the feast but he told me you weren't there. Where were you?" She wondered.

"Well...I-"

The two girls stopped their conversation when they heard commotion happening outside. Laerornel stood up and opened the door of their room with Eliriel next to her, only to see elven guards running around panicked. Tauriel was leading them somewhere. Eliriel thought about it for a second and then it clicked.

"Tauriel, what happened?" She yelled as they run towards her.

"The dwarves have escaped!" She answered hurriedly. Everyone was very surprised. It was unheard of for someone to escape from the elven cells, Tauriel was wondering how the dwarves did it. "Where is the keeper of the keys?"

The three friends followed by more guards behind then were now in pursuit of them. Going down stairs and walking across bridges of wood and stone.

Eliriel thought about how to earn Bilbo some more time but it would be difficult in this situation.

"Have you searched the upper levels?" She asked Tauriel.

"Yes, we did that before." She answered thinking for a moment. "Let's go to the cellars, the keeper must be there." She continued yelling slightly so that the guards behind can hear.

At this point there was nothing Eliriel could do to stall for time. She hoped that Bilbo and the dwarves were floating in the river by now.

"Quick!" Tauriel yelled running to find the dwarves quickly, not wanting to risk Thranduil's wrath.