3 | midnight

𝘵𝘦𝘴𝘵 𝘵𝘶𝘣𝘦'𝘴 𝘱𝘰𝘷 •  ༉ ‧₊˚.
It has been 2 months ever since I returned from the competition, I maintained positive relationships with the other objects, especially with Lightbulb and Fan, they both were fun to hang out with, joking around, and sharing our old interests. But hey! Still not forgetting about my study project about Fan though! As time flies, someone was still... missing out on our picture-perfect frame. Paintbrush, our artistic hotheaded friend, can sometimes be a killer joy but it doesn't matter for the rest, Paintbrush will never be excluded from our group!

I have noticed Lightbulb seems bored day by day, perhaps she's missing Paintbrush for so long, I can't blame her. They have been competing for so long I feel like they're going to make it to the final six. Well, I hope Paintbrush does... we'll be cheering for them!

As for now, the 3 of us were hanging out on the living room couch, Fan would notice Lightbulb drawing Paintbrush but in a childlike way, using crayons! She usually follows along with our best painter and artist in the group.

"... Why so gloomy Lighty? Do you miss your only true beloved~? " Fan dramatically quipped, inching close to Lightbulb as I followed along with the joke, chuckling. Lightbulb glared at Fan, whilst holding Baxter carefully.

" Fan! Say that again or I'll tell 'Rab to pinch your face! " She held the brown crayon up to his face as she threatened, yet it sounded genuine and in a joking way. Lightbulb would put on a pout as Baxter climbed up onto her head, clicking and blinking its childlike eyes.

" Alright, alright Fan that's enough teasing for now. " I playfully nudged him lightly with my elbow as I leaned against him. He rolled his eyes with an inch of blush forming on his face, seeing him get the message. Fan would usually tease Lightbulb most of the time when Lightbulb would do anything that involves Paintbrush, They are best friends despite their differences.

After what seemed to be exactly a few minutes of silence ( mixed with teasing and arguments ) a loud knock would be heard at the main entrance... I wonder who returned?

" I'll go get it! " Lightbulb set down a yellow crayon she held as she excitedly skips to the door, along with Baxter who rested on her head. She inched towards the knob, gripping it, quickly turning it. The blinding light would hit her face, it didn't matter to her. Her smile expanded larger, seeing who was behind the door. It was... Paintbrush! Lightbulb stimmed with joy as she hugged them with pure happiness as Paintbrush hugged back.

" PAINTY! I MISSED YOU! " She screamed with delight, releasing from the warm hug as she jumped up and down with energy. Baxter was covered in their bristles as it flicked its eyes towards their second owner. Paintbrush grinned, seeing the two people they finally reunited with.

" Wow, look what the cat dragged in. Here I thought you were going win. " Fan joked, trying to stifle a laugh. Paintbrush went up to the both of us as their bristles fumed in anger, but before anything could be worse, they calmed down with ease, now exchanging death glares to each other.

" You're lucky I'm in a good mood today. " They acted with a scowl as their piercing eyes darted towards Fan, who had a sly smile. I had no idea how they became frenemies in the first place... did I miss something? Paintbrush would sit on the couch with us as we caught up on our lives and other stuff.

timeskip  • 🎧 ༉ ‧₊˚.
𝘱𝘢𝘪𝘯𝘵𝘣𝘳𝘶𝘴𝘩'𝘴 𝘱𝘰𝘷 •  ༉ ‧₊˚.
Whew, that was a day. Honestly, I was kind of sad that I haven't stayed until the final 6 but I felt homesick... can't believe Cabby mentioned them. But it's all in the past now, I got to see Lightbulb and Baxter! Along with Test Tube and.. and... Fan...

I stood in front of the bathroom mirror as my pale yellow bristles were dripping wet. I took a white towel hanging by the sink as I covered my bristles, rubbing it dry. Now combing it with my hairbrush ( no one even uses a brush in this whole hotel ) I grabbed my dark blue nightcap matching my sleeping mask in the same texture and color.

I headed towards a hotel bedroom I shared with Fan. Apparently, OJ had to spend extra money for individual rooms so we got shared rooms for the meantime, everyone was assigned to a random roommate, well lucky me, I got partnered with my frenemy, Fan. I shook those thoughts off my head as I headed towards my bed, I focused on my nightstand, a picture frame containing Lightbulb, Marshmellow, and Me... the fun olden days... heh.

Fortunately, Fan wasn't in the room... for now, so it gave me a few minutes of peace and tranquility before sleep. I flipped a switch, setting the room in a dim atmosphere as the lamp was turned on. I lay down under the covers of my bed before pulling down my sleeping mask and slowly dozing off to sleep.

timeskip  • 🎧 ༉ ‧₊˚.
Okay, I am so pissed right now. Whoever thought it was a good idea to laugh in the MIDDLE of the night should think otherwise. I lifted my mask as I blinked my eyes.

I was awoken by an emitting white light slightly filling the room. I shuffled to the right side of my bed to see fan's bed covers illuminating a bright light under them, what in the world is he doing?

" Fan, it's the middle of the night, Keep. It. Down. " I grumbled as I suppressed my hearing with a pillow, It was answered by a lot of distinct stifled laughs and shrieks. Is this dude deaf or something?

I couldn't handle it anymore, I groggily sat up as I walked over to his space and gripped the blanket. Pulling it down quickly to reveal Fan laying down as he wore wearing black Meheadphones, he had a WHOLE ASS TWITCH STREAM ON HIS PHONE. I rubbed my eyes to see if I was dreaming, but apparently not.

" Heeyy... Paintbrush... Was I a bit too loud?
Fan jumped up with sweat as he took off his headphones.

" Fan, It's the middle of the night. What are you even streaming about? " My face crinkled with disgust, my voice was slightly hoarse.

" It's just my daily midnight positive rants about Testy! " Fan swooned as he mentioned Test Tube. I was sorta taken outback by his response, has he done this every day at night, with less sleep?!

" Oookay.. what about Test Tube? " I asked as I itched my hair under my nightcap. My eyes flicked over to the stream chat. It was filled with a bunch of viewers rapidly typing about Test Tube. I'm not surprised about it though.

" Test Tube... she's my everything, I care for her ever since we participated in season 2, and we have been good friends that evolved into best friends. She's.. really a genius.. smart. I just can't seem what It would be like if we never me- "

" Small story short-you're in love with her. Correct? " I interrupted before he could rumble any further about her. I'm sick and tired right now.

" Wha- Uhm... Yeah... " He blushed with embarrassment.

" Knew it, you two lovebirds. " I scowled but with a hint of surprise. I always thought they were both too close to be best friends.

" W-wait! We aren't a thing... yet. " He muttered the last word quietly, I heard it though.

" Okay, can we please talk about this in the morning, " My eyes were drowsy as my mind kept spinning. I'm not exactly a night person.

" Alright, fiinee... " He responded as he said goodbyes to his viewers, closing his Twitch stream. He set his headphones in our nightstand drawer, charging his phone with his cable.

I took a deep sigh of relief as I rested my head against the soft pillows, in the corner of my eye, fan already passed out, sleeping on his side with the covers draped over him. I covered my eyes with my mask, slowly drifting off to sleep.

" Night Fan... "