Straight-up Rejection

Advika's POV

"Advika, will you consider marrying my grandson, Vedant?"

What - the - actual - fuck?

"I'm sorry, what?"

I definitely heard it wrong.
Like one hundred percent wrong.

"You heard me right," she said.

I was speechless.

"I cannot-"

"Before you make up your mind, hear me out first," Rajmata cut me off and said.

What is there to even talk about anymore?
She offered me something and I obviously don't want to do that! It is as simple as identifying alphabets.

"I think you'll make a great wife and daughter in law for this family. Everyone agrees,"

"You hardly know me?" I said.

"I saw you at the Fashion Week last year. You were in the third row. You caught my eyes then," she accepted.

"And you stalked me?" I asked.

"And we thought you'll be great for this family,"

"I am sorry for disappointing you but I am not interested," I expressed.

"Just have a look at the file," she advised.

I opened the file at once and saw a paper with The Mundota Palace and a royal logo in gold and blue inscribed on it.

I turned the page and saw a non-confidentiality contract. I turned to the next page and saw another contract that made zero sense to me and then a prenuptial contract.

"What's all this?" I asked.

"This file contains a non-confidentiality contract and a contract that states you have not been forced, coerced or pressurized into making this decision and that you and my grandson have been in love since a long time, hiding from the public eye, like a secret affair. The last contract is a prenuptial contract so my grandson is protected and you enter the family without the thought of leaving it at your convenience and claiming monetary support," she explained.

I just shook my head and tried to make sense of whatever she was saying.

I looked at Vedant and he was leaning back on his chair with his arms folded across his chest, staring into space.

Say something Vedant! Something.

"I know this is a really intense situation for you. You can take your time to decide but this family would love to have you as Vedant's bride," Mr Shekhawat spoke.

"I don't want to," I replied without any hesitation.

"Can you all just leave her now? She doesn't want to," Mrs Shekhawat followed but one stern look from Rajmata and she was zipped.

Are they now allowed to talk in this family? I haven't heard Tara and Vedant say a word. Mrs Shekhawat is being publically belittled for saying anything and Mr Shekhawat is doing nothing but agreeing with whatever Rajmata is saying.

"You have what it takes to be the next Queen of Mundota," she said.

"That's not even a thing in India anymore," I voiced rudely.

"It matters to a lot of people here and the people we provide livelihoods to," she defended.

"I don't want to be the Queen of Mundota," I countered.

"This offer comes with the kind of perks you can only imagine," Rajmata said.

"I'm sorry but I have a boyfriend and I'm going to marry him," This was my last attempt at politely declining the offer with a reason.