Spiders

it's the next morning and I see Miguel is still sleeping and decide not to wake him, as im about to get up I hear a knock at my door.

I make my way to the door and when I open the door, I see a woman who is pregnant standing outside. She scans me before talking to me. "Is Miguel here?" she asks bluntly.

I hesitate for a moment, not sure what to say. "Yes, he's here," I say finally, my voice barely above a whisper. "But he's sleeping right now. Can I help you with anything?"

"Just tell him Jessica is looking for him when he wakes up, please" she smiles and walks away. What the fuck. I stand there in shock after the pregnant woman leaves, my mind racing with questions. Did Miguel have a wife and child? How did she know where to find me? Is this really happening? Am I hallucinating?

As I turn to go back inside, I hear Miguel stirring in his sleep. I rush to his side, as he opens his eyes and looks up at me...clearly confused.

"What's going on?" he asks, his voice groggy.

I take a deep breath, not sure how to tell him what just happened. "There was a woman here asking for you," I say finally. "She said her name was Jessica."

Miguel's eyes widen as I tell him about the woman at the door. "Yeah, she's a friend from work," he says, getting up to check his phone. He curses under his breath and I look at him, confused.

"What's going on?" I ask, feeling a sense of unease.

"I have to go," he says, his voice urgent. "There's something I need to take care of."

I watch as he rushes to get dressed, feeling a knot form in my stomach. I'm not sure what's going on, but I can tell that it's something serious.

I shake my head "uhm no, a pregnant woman comes to my house and asks for you and now you have to go? that's a little fucking weird don't you think?".

Miguel stops in his tracks, looking at me with concern etched on his face. "I know it seems weird, but I have to go," he says, his voice urgent. "There's something that I need to take care of."

I can see the worry in his eyes, and...maybe he's not just making excuses. But I can't help but feel uneasy about the whole situation.

"I don't like this," I say, my voice firm. "Something doesn't feel right. Can't you at least tell me what's going on?". "Is she...another one of your girls?" i ask flatly.

 "Why do you always think there's someone else?" he asks, his voice rising in frustration.

I can feel the tension building between us, and I know that we need to have a serious conversation about our relationship. But right now, I'm more concerned about what's going on with this woman.

"I just need some answers," I say, my voice firm. "I don't like being left in the dark."

Miguel ignores me, walking to my front door, "Hey i'm talking to you, you don't just get to walk out" I say in a frustrated tone. I grab his arm, stopping him in his tracks."Hey, I'm talking to you...whats going on" I ask angrily.

He pulls away from me, his frustration evident. "I don't have time for this right now," he says, his voice cold. "I need to go take care of something."

That's when he opens my front door and slams it in my face and all I can do is watch as he leaves, feeling hurt and confused. I'm not sure what's going on, but I know that something is not right.