•◦இ•◦ Chapter 21 •◦இ•◦

───⇌• :🌷: •⇋───

Double update! 

Share the love by giving us a vote and dropping a comment down below. We'd be stoked to hear from you!

ℒᵒᵛᵉ, Merry & frintezzaviv

───⇌• :🌷: •⇋───

Bia

When I woke up in the morning, he had already left. Breakfast was again set up on the table by the window, and the aroma of coffee filled my nose. I finished my breakfast and headed to the pool again. I spent a few hours there, reflecting on last night's dinner. I didn't expect Alexander's parents to be so warm and loving. Jada was a real treasure, something that sets her apart from her arrogant son.

Later, I took a stroll in the vast garden of the mansion, but with the temperature soaring up to 38 degrees, it wasn't a long one. After that, I took a refreshing cold shower and put on a loose dark green dress. The air conditioner was on full blast, making the room cool and comfortable. I spent the entire day by myself, as Alexander and Daniel were both out running errands.

I watched a few episodes of "Never Have I Ever" on Netflix and before I knew it, it was already dinnertime. My stomach was growling, so I went to the dining room to see if anyone was home. Dinner was already laid out on the table, but there was no one around. I decided to dig in anyway because I was starving.

Being all by myself in this huge mansion was getting pretty dull. Just as I was thinking about it, I heard footsteps approaching the dining room. I was hoping it was Alexander because I had been waiting all day to see him, but it turned out to be Daniel instead.

"Hey there Bia!" he greeted me cheerfully. "How are you?"

"Hi Daniel. I'm fine, thanks. And you?"

"Exhausted. I've been running around with my brother all day in meetings and just now got a chance to escape." he replied.

"Where is Alexander?" I asked, trying to hide my curiosity.

"He had to clear up some things at the last meeting, so he'll be a little late. Hey, are you hungry, I'm starving? Should we eat?

"Definitely, I was just about to start with the dinner."

"What have you been up to today?" Daniel asked as he was cutting his steak.

"I was at the pool, then took a walk and watched Netflix."

"You don't sound very excited." he smiled at me.

"Well, it's not exactly thrilling being alone in this mansion. There's not much to do."

"How about next time you come with me? You might not be too interested in hanging out at business meetings, but at least you won't be alone," he suggested.

"That sounds like a good idea. I'd really rather be doing something than being cooped up here all day," I agreed.

Daniel and I continued to talk as we finished our dinner. Then he excused himself and went to take a shower and rest after the long day. I had no idea how late Alexander would be, so I decided to head back to my room.

Approaching the room, I saw that the door was wide open. I thought Alexander might be inside, but the lights were off.

"Hello, is anyone there?" I asked quietly.