Chapter 5(a): Doom at Hidden Service.

***

Mac’s depleted power, that almost at its breaking point, is back to normal. He even felt a different sensation. The wounds in his body from the repeated beatings slowly improved by themselves. Fractures, internal organs damages, cerebral hemorrhage, he no longer feels the pain. Scratches and bruises all over his body slowly also dried, leaving only scars, black scars.

Mac is still in the great hall, looking around. Where he and his companions used to feast on their prey, now leaving only the scattered bodies on the floor, the bodies of his enemies and his comrades. There was blood on the dirt floor, like thick red sauce. The walls were already decorated with a unique deep red ink graphite.

"What should I do now, Peter?” asked Mac. He didn't know what to do. He was nothing but a lucky survivor on that bloody night.

"Do what you're supposed to do, Mac," said the prince in the fiery long black coat. His sound was slow and steady, heavy, sounded creepy. "There's nothing but revenge."

"Revenge? Take a good look at my colleagues. They're beyond help."

"Mac..,” said Peter, seeming offended. The tone was rising. "You underestimated me.."

"Don't you know? The mastermind of all this is the sum of all the gangsters in the city,” Mac tried to explain.

"They are no match for me at all. No-match-at-all!” he said. His voice was heavy, as if his face was snorting right next to Mac’s face, whipping him with a venomous mouth, which sounded like a cannon about to blow out a bullet.

Mac froze. 'If he really is the prince of that mysterious black book, then he really is a strong man.'

"You're the one I've been looking for," Peter said. "We have the same goal.."

Mac listened.

"We both want greatness, unrivaled power, don't we? I can feel your cravings, your darkest desires. I can feel it from the oxygen you're breathing, it's in your blood.."

Mac froze.

"Join me, Mac."

They were silent for a long time. Mac is probably having a fight with his mind: 'It's true. The more I get my wish, the thirst for power, the more power, more..' 'But he could just use you. Completely removed after that.' 'No. With him I can avenge for the big family of Black Wind.' 'He may be a liar, a coward who throws stones at someone else's hand..’ ‘Annihilate them all, or make them walk with their faces, beneath your feet.’ 'The golden opportunity, won't come twice.’ ‘Right, we don't know any results before we try..!'

"All right," Mac responded.

"Good.. Good.. We'll be perfect partners," said Peter, smiling with satisfaction. "Now, all you have to do is open a little bit of your mind to me. For me your body, for you my power. We have to stick together..,” said Peter, negotiated with Mac. “We have to share the strengths of each other.."

"Will you rob my senses, that I will become just your armor? The shield you're using? In that case, I'm the only one who gets hurt,” said mac.

"No, no..," Peter responded. "I will only dwell in you. You only need to call me when you need to. The control of power is in your hands,” he answered plainly. "I will lead you to get what we want, to lead you to the power. Isn't this a very interesting offer?"

Mac froze.

"All you need is some peace of mind, let me be a polite guest.."

Mac finally agreed, he snorted quietly, there was still the slightest hint of doubt in him, then said, "All right."