Chapter 6(a): The Intuition of the Chameleon

***

July 25, 2004

There was a sewing machine sounds, was rhythmic from the second floor of Ben & Yanasari's home, in the B-5 Block, Soralla District of West Kartajh. A middle-aged woman looked focused there, her hands merrily next to the sewing machine's straight-pilled bite. Looks like someone's been chasing her. Something like a deadline.

(Chika Yanasari)

(Chika Yanasari)

For a moment, her hand stopped. She also stopped the sewing machine. She looked out of the window. She heard the ambulance sirens coming from the driveway.

She seemed distracted. The familiar voice with the critical condition made her daydream, seeming that something was pulling her back into one of the memories of the past, when the Hidden Service was hurt.

The greenish-white rose petals fly swiftly, like the wind that has a letter that must be delivered to the recipient immediately. Through the darkening twilight sky, it leads to a place quite far from the heart of Northern Kartajh, to a village with a quiet population. The darkness of the night added to the cozy silence there.

The flying petals halted slowly in front of a medium home, with a wide yard in front of it

The flying petals halted slowly in front of a medium home, with a wide yard in front of it. There appears to be Doma Nuel and all those she brings, dead or alive.

No one saw their-out of customs-landing, all the doors of the houses that were also seldom seen open were closed, only the lights of the houses that were visible from the windows that were covered with curtains. Nor a single yard dog would bark at strangers like them.

Nuel, who had been looking so seriously, she's not crying anymore, 'Learning to subdue her weepy'. She quickly went to the door with a strongly installed board on the front roof, saying: 'Darmo Animal Hospital.'

She knocked on the door, hoping that someone from inside the house would quickly come out to her.

Doors open.

"Nuel!" greeted someone pleasantly. The terrace lamp showed a mother's silhouette from afar. "It's been a long time since we've seen, Nuel," she said, hugging the girl in front of her. "Going to play with Mira?"