𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐈𝐈 : 𝐆𝐑𝐔𝐃𝐆𝐄

. . .

      Miles walked behind Flora and Kate up the flight of stairs to the second floor of the apartment building, Flora was too scared to take the elevator. Kate felt her nervousness building up, she didn't know why, she was just going back to her own apartment, maybe she was nervous to see Rose, she was showing up without warning, she didn't know how Rose would react.

Kate walked to the third floor of her apartment building with the two children, making her way to her apartment, the two children stayed silent.

Kate made her way to apartment number 304 and knocked down the door, she had her keys, she just didn't know if Rose was there, or if she was busy, or anything really. It felt like forever since Kate had seen her when in reality, it had only been a few weeks.

Kate heard something from inside until finally the door opened, Rose was standing there, she looked stunned for a moment before immediately wrapping her arms around Kate, hugging her tight.

"Oh my god- Kate!" She squealed, Kate smiled slightly at the girl but didn't say anything. Rose pulled away and put her hands on Kate's shoulders. "Do you know how boring it's been with out you? Like, literally I could not have survived another week." Rose exclaimed, Kate chuckled. "I uhm, I missed you too." She replied.

Rose peaked around Kate and glanced at the two children behind her, Miles avoided her eyes. "So... whats with the kids?" Rose asked and glanced back at Kate. "They're the kids I was telling you about." Kate mumbled, Rose cocked her head to the side curiously, but before she could speak, Flora did.

"Hi! I'm Flora!" She greeted excitedly, Rose smiled at the girl, she'd never liked kids, like at all, but she couldn't help but smile at the little girl. "Oh my god you're adorable!" She gushed, Flora giggled. "And that, is my brother Miles. Say hi Miles!" Flora said, tugging on the sleeves of his sweater, Miles managed to plaster a smile on his face as he waved, but it didn't reach his eyes.

Rose glanced at the boy, her smile fading slightly, she waved back before turning back to Kate, her voice lowering to a whisper. "Miles hm? That the little brat you were telling me about?" She whispered, Miles frowned, Rose wasn't exactly doing the best as my being quiet when expressing her immediate distaste for him, but he couldn't blame her, she was Kate's friend, and he handy exactly been the best to her in the days following up to when they left, it was no surprise Kate told her about him.

He didn't like her either. He didn't like when people made assumptions on his character based on what other people told them. She had a grudge for no reason. Miles could be good, he could be nice, but she didn't really care did she? Because all Kate told her about him was the bad.

Everyone always talked about the bad.

No matter how good he was people would only focus on the bad.

"Give him a chance, I promise he's better than he seems..." Kate muttered, that was an obvious lie for Miles's sake. Miles appreciated this a bit though, Kate hadn't exactly seen the best side of him, he could be good if he wanted, he certainly had to try his best considering the two adults in this situation already disliked him.

"So..." Miles started, trying to break the silence, but his mind was blank as he had no idea what to say, this was unusual for him as he was normally very good and carrying conversations. Kate noticed what Miles was trying to do and decided to take it from here.

She turned back to Rose and smiled slightly. "Listen, Rose, sorry this is sudden but I really just wanted to come see you for a bit, and these two haven't really been out of the house for a while so-" she started, Rose cut her off. "No need to explain yourself Kate, you live here too, remember?" She said with a chuckle, stepping aside and cocking her head slightly backward, signalling for them to come in.

Miles felt Rose's eyes on him as he walked inside. She had an immediate distaste for him, she'd really only heard about him from late night phone calls with Kate and it sounded like she didn't like him very much either from the way he'd been treating her. Rose didn't want Miles here if he was going to cause problems, and it was certainly take some getting used to from the both of them.