𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐕: 𝐒𝐇𝐎𝐏𝐒

. . .

      "𝐌𝐈𝐋𝐄𝐒 𝐖𝐀𝐊𝐄 𝐔𝐏!" Flora urged with a giggle as she shook her brother awake in the couch. Miles groaned as he sat up right. "Kate and Rose said they're taking us shopping!" She exclaimed. Flora hadn't been shopping before, well he had, but she was too young to even remember, let alone consciously decide what she wanted to buy. The excitement on her face was apparent as Miles nodded slowly.

"When?" Miles asked, "Soon, really soon." She replied. Miles couldn't help but furrow his eyebrows at the thought of why nobody woke him up sooner if they were supposedly leaving very soon, but it didn't really matter because he shouldn't waste the time he had to be getting himself presentable enough to leave the house on thinking about useless things.

"I guess I should get ready then, huh?" Miles asked, tilting his head and putting a small smile on his face, Flora nods.

Miles stepped up from the couch and eventually found his way to the bathroom, he could hear the voices of Kate and Rose as he passed by the shut door of their room. He walked into the bathroom and shut the door behind him before leaning onto the counter and looking in the mirror. He looked fine, that was almost good enough for him.

Miles never really cared too much about appearances because he knew he a good face to make up for anything else that might be 'wrong' with him. Miles wasn't a vain person, but he knew he was impossibly beautiful and he knew how to use that to his advantage.

Miles ran his hands under the cool water before combing through his hair with his fingers. It wasn't too messed up, but it wasn't what he wanted right now. He slept on his stomach usually, his face buried in a pillow that he had his arms wrapped around, but he had a habit of tossing and turning in the night, usually when he started to dream up something he didn't like.

Miles usually just took a shower in the mornings and let his hair dry, and it looked good enough. He couldn't do that now, he didn't want to anyways, this wasn't his home, he didn't feel comfortable enough to act like it was. He figured if he got it damp and messed with it a little it would look fine.

He ran his fingers through his curly hair and sighed quietly. It was okay, he was still tired, so 'okay' was good at the moment. He wiped the remaining bit of water on his hands off with his pants before stepping out of he bathroom and burying his hands in his pockets.

He peaked into the living room where he saw Flora sitting on the couch, turned around with her arms crossed over the back of it and her chin resting on her arms, she perked up when she saw him.

"You're done already? Can I go get Kate?" Flora questioned, Miles nodded "Sure, go for it." He replied and nodded off in her direction, Flora smiled and hopped off the couch and ran past him.

Miles walked over to the couch and as soon as his face was out of view from Flora, it dropped. He loved his sister, that's why he was always doing all this stuff to make sure she was happy and to make sure she thought he was happy, but it was exhausting to do it all the time. She'd been through enough for her age, and he didn't want her knowing that he wasn't some badass who couldn't actually handle all the shit happening.

Miles heard the sound of a door open and click shut, he turned around to see Kate and Flora, no Rose. "You ready to go?" Kate asked, Miles nodded, he didn't question about the absence of her friend. "Rose said she'd meet us at the library in half an hour, something came up, so let's hurry." Kate said as she grabbed her keys off of the kitchens counter.