𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐈𝐕 : 𝐃𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐌𝐒

. . .

𝐅𝐋𝐎𝐑𝐀 𝐒𝐖𝐔𝐍𝐆 𝐇𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐄𝐄𝐓 back and forth as she shoveled her food into her mouth. She looked so happy, Miles didn't know why, she'd been so scared only yesterday and now she seems to have forgotten everything that happened, but he wasn't stupid enough to question to mind if a seven-year-old girl, and he knew Flora wouldn't forget about what happened, but unlike him, she moved on quick.

She was a little girl, she could only focus on the past for so long before her little brain started working faster and she found something else to occupy her thoughts, she wasn't like Miles in that sense. She wasn't like him in a lot of ways.

"Miles? Are you sure you don't want anything to eat?" Kate asked once again, he shook his head, but he didn't say anything, he didn't feel like he should have to say anything because it was a stupid question. He said no the first time, and no meant no.

No meant no.

Kate didn't say anything else and just turned away as she cleaned up the kitchen. Miles didn't want to eat whatever she had made. It wasn't because he didn't like her or he didn't trust her, which to be fair he didn't, but that wasn't why. Miles was picky, he didn't like the feeling of things in his mouth anymore, even food.

Miles sighed and furrowed his eyebrows slightly as he looked at his lap. He was so... bored. He wanted to sleep because then the boredom would go away, but he'd learned a long time ago you don't fall asleep while other people are in the room.

He didn't have anything else to do besides sleep though. When he was back home, at the estate, he'd play his guitar or listen to music or look at photos or bang on his drums, but he couldn't do any of that here.

Flora took notice of his sour mood and crossed her arms, "Why are you so moody, Miles?" She asked, cocking her head to the side. Miles' mood changed instantly as his expression softened. "I'm just tired." He said flatly, but he tried to at least sound a little happier for her. That was a half truth, he was tired, but there was lots of other things making him "moody" at the moment.

"Why don't you get some sleep then, hm?" Kate chimed in, Miles felt a surge of annoyance run through him as her voice. "Can't." He answered simply, not even trying to put any effort into improving his tone of voice.

Kate didn't bother asking why, she had a feeling he wouldn't answer anyways, she would be right because Miles couldn't explain to her why because she wouldn't get it. Kate didn't ask, but Flora in all her childish curiosity, did.

"Why?"

Miles sighed, but he put on a smile and answered. "Because, it's only noon silly, not bed time yet." He lied as he chuckled weakly, she paused for a moment, then smiled. Miles didn't understand how his lie got past his clever little sister so easily, or perhaps it hadn't, and she just knew better then to ask for the truth whilst in front of others.

The three finished up dinner whilst Miles sat drowsily on the couch, his elbow on the arm on the couch as his cheek rested in his palm.

Kate rinsed off the empty dishes in the sink as Flora hooped of the chair why the kitchen counter, yawning, Rose chuckled slightly. "Wanna take a nap?" She asked, Flora nodded with a smile.

Kate dried off her hands before walked over to Flora. "Come on, you we're up real late you know? I'll show you where you'll be sleeping, 'kay?" She asked, Flora hopped off her chair and followed Kate into a bedroom, Rose stayed behind to take care of the dishes.

. . .

      Miles crosses his arms over his stomach as he leaned his head back on the couch, his eyes darted around the living room before landing on Rose who was standing over the kitchen sink for just a moment.

"If you could keep your eyes to yourself, that would be great."  She said, not even turning around enough to actually face him, she only just caught a glimpse of him in her peripheral.

"Sorry." He mumbled, looking down at his hands, picking at the fabric not his sweater that was covering his stomach. Rose sighed, she couldn't help but feel bad for the boy.

She never had as much sympathy as Kate did, in fact when Kate left she couldn't understand why she would want to help a couple of random kids who's parents died, she thought if there was already someone there taking care of them and they were filthy rich, they didn't need her best friend looking after them, but spending even just this long in the same room as even one of them made her feel bad, maybe it was just because now they didn't really have anyone else to rely on besides her and Kate.

Rose didn't say anything else thought, she just finished up what she was doing and went to her room without another word, Miles didn't care, he would've done the same thing

Miles layed his head on the armrest of the couch, his eyes on the floor. He wanted to sit up again so he wouldn't fall asleep, but he was fucking tired. If he could just sleep, the rest of the day, maybe through the whole night, that would be nice.

He didn't want to sleep, because others were awake, and he barely knew Kate and he didn't know Rose, he didn't like them being there. He liked the estate because it was his, he knew who was there and he didn't have to be scared to fall asleep, he didn't have to be scared most of the time.

But he was exhausted, it took a moment, he layed his head down on the headrest and he stopped everything for one second and he didn't have the energy to sit back up.

He wished instead he could just not exist for a couple of hours, and sleep was the closest thing he could get because at least he wouldn't be conscious to deal with anything that could happen and when he woke up he would feel better.