loose & close. (2)

garden homes, detroit.
10:00am
June

Ryan sat with her dad on the couch simply catching up.

They had a lot of a catching up to do.

"Let me see that ring one mo' time." Her dad smiled.

Ryan gave her hand to her dad.

"Beautiful. He been keeping you happy? Or this for show? I'm all for this wedding crap but you gotta tell ya daddy a lil something."

"We're good Dad." Ryan simply said.

"I gave him my blessing for obvious reasons. We talked for long hours about his fuck up's and surprises. And I don't want you to be tying no knot without knowing everything you stepping into."

"So did we. A bunch of differences set us apart. I honestly feel like other than our arguments a lot has changed for the better. He listens to me more and I hear him more. But from your point of view dad, how does he seem?"

"To break it down for you. I think that nigga learning. He been trying but he had to get them distractions up off him. I don't know how much he grasping but from our talks and the car ride I know he love you. But love ain't always enough."

"We have love and a lot of other things." Ryan said.

"Which is good. But love won't save everything, and everything cannot be saved by "I love you" babygirl. Communication, Understanding, Forgiveness... so much more."

"I know."

"And not to defend him, but you can be a brat. You're spoiled my love. He's putting up with a lot."

"Daddy I have too."

"I know you have. Or I don't but I do know your attitude can ruin anybody's day, and as my child and daughter you know how to piss a person off far more than they know how. You and Luc both."

Ryan smiled like she was a little girl again. Her dad was right. She didn't wanna pile too much on her dad at the moment because she could just be thinking to deep about things. Her relationship wasn't bad, they both were busy at this point of life.

"You ready to get married though?"

"Yes and No. Yes because he is the love of my life and No, because we don't have a year or any planning happening."

"We'll don't rush nothing, plus yo daddy here now. We gone figure it out. It's gone be grand and big because I'm home. Y'all got a date yet?"

"Nope, not yet. We didn't set one because I was waiting for Sevyn to walk."

"She's walking."

"We'll we've spent so much money this last year on extra curricular things, and my business."

"I bet you cried at the engagement party huh?"

"Like a baby." Ryan smiled.

"I wish I could've been there."

"It's all good because you'll be around for the more important part."

"Absolutely." Her dad nudged her shoulder.

"How's Lucille? And this boyfriend of hers?"

"Puppy love stage."

"Ya sister been making sex?" They're dad asked honestly concerned?

"Dad don't make me tell her business!"

"I'm yall dad. I ain't worried about embarrassing y'all. I did it with you and I'll do it again with her. Nobody slides."