"as a brother..." (12)

garden homes, detroit.
9:00am
September

"What do mommy usually do when I'm sleep? Come on y'all help dad out." Chance was running around the kitchen like a chicken with no head.

Kali was crying. "I WANNA GO ON THE BUSSSSS!" She had a whole meltdown about missing the bus, it was her dads fault.

Sevyn was pulling her outfit off and Chan was not together.

Ryan went back to her first day of work this week, leaving each child to Chance most mornings now. It's day 3 and he still hasn't managed his time right. Yesterday was fine because he had help from Ryan before she left (which he won't have most days). She would kill him if she knew 2 kids are now late for school, missed the bus, the kids haven't even eaten yet, and the baby won't keep her outfit on.

"Where's mommy?"

"At work. At work- could you please put your jacket on?" Chance said getting Sevyn re-dressed.

"Dad I need lunch money."

"Okay son we will figure all that out at drop off, you and Kali finish y'all food please."

"This is nasty. And cold." Kali flipped the toaster strudel.

"Daddy this is not my chocolate milk, it's nasty." Kali pouted.

"Okay. Fuck it- leave the breakfast, we gone get some. Put shoes on." Chance rolled his eyes buckling Sevyn into her car seat.

"I want Starbucks!"

"I want McDonald's." Chan interrupted.

"One place yall. By the time I take y'all to every single place y'all wanna go, school gone be out. Either or not both."

"Starbucks."

"No, Mcdonald's Kali."

"Starbucks!" Kali threw her spoon.

"Yo! Stop throwing shit! Get y'all shoes and bookbags and get out my house." He sighed.

Kali stuck her tongue out.

"Daddddd."

Chance looked at the time.

"I really ain't got time for this yall. We gotta get y'all to school. Please cut it out." He pulled his hands up before picking up the car seat.

"She's bad!" Chandler got down from his seat.

"We going to McDonald's?"

"NO! Im the princess and I want Starbucks!" Kali swung her bookbag and hit her brother.

"That's her second time, dad." Chan pushed her.

"Ayeee!"

Chance hollered.

"Y'all stop! Chandler in the front, Kali get in the back. Shut up right now, I need to focus."

His phone started buzzing.

He ignored it trying to get the kid's situated in the car.

"Dad!" Chan handed him his phone.

"It's cool man, put it in the cup holder..."

"It's Bae."

"I'll call her back, put your seat belt on."

_

11:32am

Right when Chance was parked outside of Ryan's job he returned her call.

Fb🛍️💍: About time.
~: I was handling business. What you doin?
Fb🛍️💍: Prepping for my next client.. almost done.
~ Shut up and come outside.