Keena & Kali. (3)

garden homes, detroit.
12:00pm
July

"Big! Keena! Lucy! Mir and Dre!"

Ryan bust through the garage door setting bags on the kitchen floor.

"I'm back and y'all need to help me with groceries!"

"Here we come!" Keena was the first voice Ryan heard.

Everybody came downstairs at the same time.

"Mommy!" Kali ran to her mom.

She left about 8 this morning to run errands, packages and she went grocery shopping.

"Hi Mommiee. Did you eat yet?"

"Nah, she just got up for real. Sevyn ate though. Have a seat we gone get it." Chance kissed Ryan's forehead.

Ryan didn't even fight it. She sat down at the first seat she saw.

"Mmmmma." Sevyn wobbled to her mom.

"MaMa and Mommiee come hereeeeee, I missed y'all." Ryan opened her arms to both the girls.

"Mommy I want chicken and fries." Kali said climbing on the chair.

"Mommy just got in the door. Can I have an hour?"

"Okay."

"Okay. I'll start cooking lunch at 1:30. You get a snack though. Mommy got you yogurt, and applesauce and some jello. I got y'all a lot of stuff."

"I get applesauce?"

"You sure can. When everybody is done bringing the bags in we'll go through them and find your applesauce."

"Yay!"

"And I got you some applesauce and yogurt too!" Ryan bear hugged Sevyn.

"What did y'all do while I was out?"

"Daddy taked Chance to his other house. And we played outside."

"Good."

"That's it yall." Chance set the last of the bags down.

Everybody relieved their arms and hands.

"This a lot of shit." Chance chuckled at the floor being covered in bags.

"I'm saying." Luc rolled her eyes.

"Well I wanna say something too. It's 6 adults here, a baby and a toddler sometimes Chan. This is my last time going big grocery shopping- I don't care that y'all are here (Keena, E'andre and Jamir) but y'all have to be more mindful with what y'all eat, we don't got no food stamps at this house, and my kids eat certain things. When y'all smoke and come back in, don't touch my kids food please. They're small snacks are going magically missing, stop drinking the 1 and 2 percent milk please those are Kali and Sevyn's, whole milk is for the house. We have plenty of food to eat all the time so stop eating their quick stuff. This week I plan on categorizing their stuff so don't be shocked when it's labeled. We don't make y'all pay no bills so the least the 4 of y'all can do is buy y'all's own munchies. I'm not mad either I'm just saying. I bought y'all some snacks and drinks and candies to start y'all off, I know how it gets but please yall don't eat the girls or Chan's food."

"Noted.." Jamir agreed.

"My bad I was eating them pouch applesauces them bitches buss." E'andre laughed.

"It's cool. Y'all didn't know and neither did. From here on out, Kali will be needing packed lunches and Sevyn is about to get off the boob so she needs real foods. It's all good."

"What snacks did you get?" Keena asked.

"A whole bunch for everybody. Even Chan- ima go in the pantry and organize that. I got some containers I'll label and we'll go from there. I think I got everybody's request, but like I said, this my last time big grocery shopping. Y'all better find some stamps or put money aside to replenish y'all needs. I also don't want that blow up mattress in my living room no more, so y'all can blow it up down in the basement or Luc's room."