through the wire. (7)

garden homes, detroit.
8:30am
July

Ryan was already up. Sevyn and her were eating breakfast.

She didn't sleep lastnight. What she found out lastnight really had her in her feelings.

Keena and Luc were friends since 2nd grade if sooner, so everything they did was together, she felt really bad that she had to go through that and Luc and Keena get along so well because of they both have similarities in their life like: Both not having a mom, being raised by Ryan and being most hated.

"Morning." Keena said first coming up the steps from the basement.

"Hey, how'd you sleep?"

"I didn't." She sighed sitting at the island with Ryan.

"My mind was everywhere lastnight, I really was in shock."

"I know you were, I didn't sleep either. I'm so sorry about everything Kee."

"I wanted to tell you now that this is out the way, Kali did walk in on him beating me before. There were so many times I wanted to just tell y'all, but he's crazy."

"Before we start the day I want to take you to get a restraining order, then we're going car shopping.."

"Ryannnnn."

"What?"

"You don't have to do that."

"I am though. You deserve it, and it's nobody business but ours. If you wanna tell people you can, but I been with Chance long enough to know, their investigation ain't giving you back your car. We can just look today, and we'll make a purchase later this week."

Keena stood up to hug Ryan. This is the first she has cried since all of this stuff popped off.

"I gotchu lil sis. I always will. And you need to put a wet rag on your face and moisturize it with Vaseline.

"I appreciate y'all so much."

"I appreciate all you do for the girls and Luc. You are our family. You already know last names and blood don't mean shit. When it come to family it's about loyalty and love. Ima always have you, your kids and their kids."

"Thank you."

"You're welcome."

Luc came up the steps next.

"Goodmorning hoes."

"My baby not a hoe. Bitch!" Ryan chuckled.

"Morning." Keena said.

"How are you feeling mentally?" Luc asked.

"Drained. I cant say it enough but I wish it never happened. It's a lot to still take in. Y'all should've seen my car, it looked like he lived in it."

"He did.. that's why I tell y'all alllll the time to be careful. This shit happens everyday. He could've killed you if he did enough. I hate that about some of these niggas, they don't be men, they be bums and trashy."

"He did." Keena pulled up her shirt.

Bruises were Everywhere.

"Damnnnnnnnnnnnnnn." Ryan covered her mouth.

"DAMN!" Sevyn repeated.

"Nooo! Don't say that!" Ryan looked at Sevyn.

Luc and Keena held in their laugh..

"Sevyn." Ryan said.

Sevyn looked at her mom.

"You don't say everything mommy say." Ryan ended up laughing.