Chapter 1

~Man Overboard Prequel~

"I can't believe you are really leaving me." Seungmin said with a pained voice.

"Shut the fuck up, I am literally moving in with Binnie a couple streets over." Felix said jokingly.

"You are so cold my love! I thought what we had was special!" Seungmin said dramatically.

"You think you are so funny playing this up but you know deep down you are actually a little sad I'm moving out." Felix said.

"I'm devastated!" Seungmin said, wiping away a pretend tear.

"I don't know how I put up with your shit this long to be honest." Felix said, rolling his eyes as he opened the door to leave their apartment. He paused in the doorway looking back at Seungmin with sad eyes "We have lived together for 4 years... you really aren't even a little bit sad to see me go?..."

Seungmin instantly melted at the sight of dewy eyed Felix and said "Of course I'm sad to see you go Felix. It won't be the same without you here..." Felix dropped the box of stuff he was holding and quickly enveloped Seungmin in a tight hug as tears came streaming down his face. "Okay, okay, like you said you are only moving a few streets over. I will see you all the time! Felix!" Seungmin whined as he squirmed to get out of Felix's grasp.

"Promise you will come to the coffee shop every morning!" Felix said firmly with his pinky finger and pouty lip out.

Seungmin chuckled at Felix trying to sound stern while looking like a baby with his quivering bottom lip. "I'm shouldering all the rent now and you think I can afford to buy coffee every morning?!" Seungmin asked.

"When have I ever made you pay?" Felix asked with a hand on his hip.

"I honestly don't know how you got promoted to manager when you give free coffee to all your friends." Seungmin said, shaking his head.

"Seungmin! Promise me!" Felix said, stomping his foot and shoving his finger out closer to him. Seungmin rolled his eyes and wrapped his pinky finger around Felix's. Felix pulled him by his finger into another hug before picking up his box of stuff and leaving.

As soon as the door closed and Felix's footsteps could no longer be heard going down the hall, Seungmin felt it. The silence was deafening, heavy and seeping into his chest.

As he walked to the living room, he looked at the kitchen table and realized he would no longer hear Felix's deep, husky morning voice over cereal everyday.

Sinking into the couch, he stared at the black screen of the TV. He remembered fondly how he and Felix would often watch reruns of SpongeBob on lazy Saturday mornings and how Felix would always imitate the narrator's '3 hours later...' He chuckled to himself at the thought and his own voice echoed back to him in the quiet room. 'Shit. I'm really going to miss that kid.' He thought, sighing deeply.

He got ready for bed early and curled under his covers with a book. He tried and failed to focus on reading but the silence was too loud. He usually never got to read in peace without hearing Felix screaming at a video game from the next room or him crawling into his bed to pester him.

'I need to find a new roommate fast. It's too quiet.' Seungmin thought as he put his book on the nightstand, turned off the lamp and slowly fell asleep.

The next morning Seungmin stopped by Felix's coffee shop before work and Felix almost started crying again when he saw him. He didn't stick around though because he had to get to work quickly.

Seungmin got a job as an associate curator at an art museum straight out of college and had been working there for a few months and it was finally his turn to decide the theme for their next exhibit. He had been only helping out with others projects but finally it was his turn and he was nervous.