Chapter 2

Seungmin went home that night after work feeling weirdly giddy. He had never clicked with anyone at work like that before. He had been working at the museum for months and the other curators had been polite but he never felt like he could have a real conversation with them.

He had only ever spoken to Hyunjin briefly in the past to relay a question from someone else about a painting he was preserving. He never thought they would get along so well.

They talked for hours, making Seungmin completely forget about all the other tasks he was supposed to do. When he returned to his office, the other curators scolded him for being gone so long but he didn't care. A slap on the wrist at work was worth meeting Hyunjin, someone he could foresee being a great friend, or at least Seungmin hoped.

The next morning Seungmin walked into Felix's cafe and sat at his usual table. "You are here early, are you actually going to sit and chat today instead of grabbing a coffee and dipping like you did yesterday?" Felix asked as he sat down at the table with Seungmin.

"You made him pay for that coffee right?" Minho asked as he came from the back room. Felix froze knowing he never made Seungmin pay. "I'm just kidding, I don't care. I am not your boss, I'm just the landlord." Minho added laughing as he sat down with them at the table.

"Don't mess with Felix like that, you know how much of a people pleaser he is, he will take it so seriously." Seungmin said.

"He's a big boy, I think he can handle a little joke. You baby him too much." Minho said.

"I don't baby him, he's fragile, that's just a fact." Seungmin said.

"Hey! I am sitting right here! I am not fragile, I can take a joke. Let's just change the subject. So what did you come in early for?" Felix said.

"Well I just wanted to tell you about a new friend I made at work..." Seungmin said trailing off as he looked at Minho.

"What? I can't hear about this new friend? Come on, I promise not to tease you about it too much. Please, continue." Minho said.

Seungmin rolled his eyes but continued "He's a conservator and he's going to help me with my exhibit theme. He's really cool and we get along well."

"That's so great Seungmin! I have never seen you so excited to meet someone." Felix said smiling.

"Is he hot?" Minho asked. Seungmin narrowed his eyes at Minho. "Come on! If he's hot that would explain why you are so excited." Minho said, smirking.

"Minho, you know Seungmin doesn't care much about that stuff." Felix said.

"He is... a very good looking guy... but that is not why I am excited to get to know him. He's funny and the only person around my age other than Rick the Dick's son."

"Okay, so he's hot... Is he single? Gay?" Minho asked.

"I don't know! Geez, why do you care? Are you that hard up? You want me to set you up with him?" Seungmin asked, annoyed.

"Not me but maybe Chan, you know how lonely he gets when he's single for too long. I am just looking out for my brother." Minho said.

"I don't give a shit. He's a grown man, he can find his own dates." Seungmin said as he got up to leave. "I have to go to work now. See ya later Felix." Seungmin said before leaving quickly.

"Did I say something wrong?" Minho asked Felix after Seungmin left.

"Always." Felix said, rolling his eyes before heading back to the kitchen.

After clocking in Seungmin walked by the conservator's room on his way to the archive room where they stored a lot of the unused pieces that the museum had acquired. He walked by slowly, peeking through the large window and finding Hyunjin talking with his other coworkers. He watched as a piece of Hyunjin's long black hair fell from his ponytail and he gently brushed it behind his ear.