Chapter 5

After work the two of them walked home together and Seungmin began cooking as soon as he got in the apartment. Hyunjin offered to help him in the kitchen but Seungmin refused the help so he just sat at the bar and watched him.

"So you know how to cook? That's impressive." Hyunjin said.

"Knowing how to cook and knowing how to cook well are two different things... I can put things in a pot but whether they are edible is up for debate." Seungmin said, chuckling.

"I should be prepared for this to taste terrible then?" Hyunjin asked, laughing.

"No no, you are in luck, this dish is the one thing I know how to make well. So if you ever see me cooking, it's probably this dish." Seungmin said.

"And that dish is?" Hyunjin asked.

"Kimchi jjigae. My grandma taught me how to make it and it stands to this day as the only thing I'm able to cook successfully." Seungmin said.

"That's really cute. My family is not traditional in the slightest, I am unfortunately not in touch with my Korean roots at all." Hyunjin said, looking down sadly.

"Well... maybe I could let you help me make it... Only if you promise not to screw it up!" Seungmin said.

"I promise Chef Seungmin." Hyunjin said, saluting randomly.

"What are you doing? Chefs don't salute each other, ya dork." Seungmin said, chuckling. Hyunjin pretended to pout before coming around the bar and washing his hands to start helping.

Seungmin ordered Hyunjin around the kitchen. Barely giving him small tasks and then micromanaging the whole time until Hyunjin would give up and just let him take over.

"Man, you are mean in the kitchen! Remind me never to cook with you again." Hyunjin said, frowning.

"I just like things done right, sue me!" Seungmin said sassily.

Hyunjin just laughed as he sat down on the couch, giving up entirely. Just when he got comfortable, the doorbell rang.

He got up to answer it so Seungmin could continue cooking. "Damn it's stone cold silent here. I guess It's true that the party doesn't start till I walk in." Changbin said loudly as he pushed past Hyunjin, not noticing him at first.

"It WAS quiet till you walked in with your loud mouth!" Seungmin snipped.

"Oh you know you love it, Seungie! You act all bad but I know you secretly hate the quiet." Changbin said as he walked further into the apartment.

Hyunjin closed the door behind them and the sound of it made Felix and Changbin turn back to him.

"Oh shit, I'm so sorry, we just barged in here like we own the place. I in fact don't live here anymore and should probably get some manners. Sorry Hyunjin, it's nice to see you again." Felix said.

"Hyunjin is it?" Changbin asked, grinning ear to ear as he looked him up and down before sticking out his hand towards him.

"You will have to forgive Changbin's ogling, he has a thing for pretty boys." Felix said, rolling his eyes.

"Oh uh... T-Thank you?" Hyunjin stuttered, not really knowing how to respond as he shook Changbin's hand.

"But I'm sure a guy like you is used to getting a lot of stares." Felix said.

"Definitely. You should see the women at work. Devouring him with their eyes all day." Seungmin said, chuckling from the kitchen.

"I don't doubt it." Changbin said, smirking. Felix shot him a nasty side eye before going to sit on one of the bar stools.