Ch.3 Rude, Red, and Royal

3rd Pov

The group made their way toward the red castle, following those toy soldiers as one of them keeps playing the drum.

Josh: "So, Anyone else thinks this 'Red King' will help us get to the tree?"

Blake: "I think so. In the book, the Red King helped. Alyx after she beat him in a game."

Weiss: "In case you all forgot, we're not her."

Raiden: "We as well may play her role, now. If the whole 'Red King' becomes hostile, don't hold back"

Josh: "His 'soldiers' are made of wood. I'm sure a little fire like can wipe them out alone."

We reach the royal palace, spotting a mixture of guards in slightly different armour than the first group waiting for us. The rest play the trumpets and step back in sync as the drums play. We look ahead, spotting a small figure walking within the soldier. Like the guards, the figure is a living toy with more details on his face, a more vivid red outfit, and a golden crown on his head. It strikes a pose in front of us.

Owen: "Are you perhaps... the Red King?"

The figure: "How dare you?! I'm not the Red King. There is no King! Observe, as I am the Red Prince."

He corrects Owen while fixing his oversized crown constantly. Owen facepalms, not having any energy to deal with him.

Owen: "I swear..."

Red Prince: "The nerve of some people. Coming to someone's castle without even knowing who they are. To make it worse, it's on my birthday!"

He stomps his foot as soldiers stay at attend.

Soldiers: "Happy Birthday, Your Majesty!"

Red Prince: "Yes, yes, a most joyous occasion for all."

Blake: "Red Prince."

Owen: "Was the Red King always such a jerk?"

Yang: "The King wasn't nearly as rude."

Josh: "I'm sure he was a lot taller... and didn't have Ice Queen syndrome of a spoiled brat."

Weiss: "Hey! I wasn't that bad!"

J/O/Raz: "You were."

They all say in one voice, making Weiss groan while one guard addresses us.

Guard: "Well, if it hadn't been for one of your kind, the King would still be here!"

Cyra: "Our kind? King would still be here? What the heck happened in this place?"

Raiden: "Something is not right here."

Ruby sighs and steps forward.

Ruby: "Happy birthday, Your Majesty"

She does a curtsy.

Everyone: "Happy birthday,"

They joined in, with most of them with less enthusiasm. The Prince gasps.

Red Prince: "Ah! How do you know such privileged information?! You must be infiltrators, here to steal my crown!"

Razor: "Oh for Oum's sake... One, you already told us this information. Two, we saw posters and flyers scattered all around the city"

Red Prince: "Silence! You are in the presence of royalty! I am the heir to the Crimson Castle!"

He stands on one of his soldiers, acting like a chair. Josh turns to Ruby.

Josh: "Is this the moment where we get Cyra to burn these stupid toys down?"

Ruby: "Play along, for now. He may be able to help us, after all,"