Ch.10 Of Solitude and Self

3rd Pov

Flashback

Young Razor: "Dad, you know you're my Hero! But... What does it mean to be a hero?"

Young Razor asked as he was lying in bed with young Keaton staring at their father.

Young Keaton: "Yeah what's a hero?"

Enzo: "Where's this come from, Raze?"

Enzo smiles at his son, sitting on a chair next to the bed, a book titled 'The Girl Who Fell Through the World' in his hands.

Young Razor: "It's just... mama reads reads these stories before we go sleep. And you tell me about all your adventures! I just wonder what does it mean to be it? To be brave and strong like you."

Young Keaton: "Yeah like really strong."

Enzo: "Hmm... good question, Raze. Well, being a hero means different things to different people. But for me, being one is about putting others before yourself and doing what's right, even if it's difficult. One person's hero could be a villain to other people. Being a hero is more than what your mom reads you to bed."

Enzo smiled at his two sons.

Young Keaton: "So how do we become a hero like you, Dad? We want to be a strong hero who saves the day like you!"

Enzo: "The most important thing is you'll always listen to your heart and trust your instincts. If something doesn't feel right, it probably isn't. Every hero is different. Hey, why don't you try to dream about what type of hero you want to become? And tell me about it tomorrow?"

Both Razor and Keaton yawned.

Enzo: "I guess this is a yes."

Enzo smiles, stands up, and leaves the room.

Enzo: "Goodnight Razor, Keaton. Papa loves you both."

As he turns the lights off, he looks back at his sons.

Young Razor: "Goodnight, Papa. I love you too."

Keaton dozes off while Razor waved at him before dosing off while hugging brother, and Enzo closes the door. As he was walking down the hallway his lover Lucia smiled at him.

Lucia: "A mission at this time?"

Enzo: "Yeah, you know duty calls."

Lucia: "Please be safe."

Enzo: "I'll be back I promise."

Enzo hugged her before kissing her on her forehead then separated as he equipped himself with his gear. Unbeknownst to the boys and Lucia, Enzo will never come back home again.

Enzo: "You'll achieve great things boys. I can feel it"

His scroll then rings, and he opens it to see it is Summer calling him.

Enzo: 'Summer, I was just about to call Raven to open a portal for me. Yeah, everyone thinks it's a normal mission. No, not even Lu. I... just said my goodbyes to Raze and Keat. Sure, we will meet by your house.'

Enzo walks out of his house and looks back, thinking if it's worth it.

Enzo: "If Summer and I succeed, they won't need to sacrifice too. Do it, Enzo, for your wife and your kids... Besides... they will be a better Huntsmen than I was."

???: "Wow. Enzo the great. Lying?"

Enzo: "Sully what are you doing here have mission to go to."

Sullivan: "I know, just are you sure you want to leave them?"