7

Chapter 7: Unveiling the Truth

Evelyn paced back and forth in her office, her mind racing with a mix of disbelief and anger. She had just discovered that Alexander had made a substantial donation to the hospital, specifically requesting her as his personal nurse. The revelation left her feeling betrayed and manipulated.

Taking a deep breath to steady herself, Evelyn made her way to Alexander's hospital room. As she entered, she found him sitting by the window, a look of anticipation on his face. Unbeknownst to him, the storm of confrontation was brewing within Evelyn's heart.

"Alexander," she began, her voice strained but composed. "We need to talk."

He turned towards her, a mixture of confusion and concern evident in his eyes. "Is everything alright, Evelyn?"

Evelyn's gaze locked with his, her voice laced with a mixture of anger and disappointment. "I just found out about the donation you made to the hospital, Alexander. Specifically, the request for me to be your personal nurse."

A flicker of realization flashed across his face, followed by a mixture of guilt and remorse. "I... I thought it would help. I wanted to ensure that you would be the one taking care of me."

Evelyn took a step closer, her voice quivering with suppressed emotion. "Alexander, what you did was manipulative and wrong. It undermines the principles of trust and honesty that should be the foundation of any relationship, even a patient-doctor relationship."

His eyes filled with regret, and he reached out to touch her hand, but she pulled away, maintaining her composure. Deep down, she wanted to reveal the truth, to let him know that their supposed romantic connection was nothing more than a fabrication, but now was not the time.

"Evelyn, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to hurt you," he pleaded, his voice filled with genuine remorse.

Evelyn mustered all her strength to keep her emotions in check, her tone firm yet controlled. "Alexander, I appreciate your apology, but it doesn't change the fact that what you did was inappropriate. I am your doctor, and my primary concern should be your well-being, not your personal desires."

He hung his head, his words laced with regret. "You're right, Evelyn. I've let my own desires cloud my judgment. I didn't think about the consequences or how it might make you feel."

She took a deep breath, her anger dissipating slightly as she recognized his remorse. "Alexander, we need to establish boundaries and a professional doctor-patient relationship. It's crucial for your recovery and for maintaining the integrity of our roles."

He nodded, understanding dawning in his eyes. "I... I understand, Evelyn. I'm truly sorry for what I've done. I will do everything in my power to make it right."