under the stars - vincent & lovely

// this fic takes place when vince and lovely first begin dating, enjoy! //

....

"How much further?" Lovely asked, as Vincent held their waist and kept them close, guiding them along the pathway since the blindfold kept them from seeing anything. "It feels like we've walked for ages."

"We're almost there, Lovely, I promise." He presses a gentle kiss just below their ear, revelling in the small shudder released from their lips. Vincent grinned wide once they when they arrived at the surprise he'd organised for them. He saw how overwhelmed and stressed his Lovely has been with taking classes at the academy and the upcoming exams made them more nervous then ever, this was his way of taking some stress off their shoulders, allowing them to enjoy themselves before exam season formally began.

Vincent hadn't ever been the best at words, this was his way of showing Lovely how much they meant to him. How much he appreciated and cared for them, despite not knowing them for very long.

"Alright, I hope you like it."

Lovely removed their blindfold and gasped at the sight before them. There were strings of lights hung up, illuminating the fluffy pillows, blankets, and assortment of their favourite foods carefully laid out, along with drinks and a telescope pointed upward toward the dark blue sea of stars. They were in awe. Vincent had did all of this for them?

"This is so beautiful." They threw themselves into his arms, wrapping them around his neck and pulling him close. "And wonderful and amazing."

Vincent smiled, almost in a daze at the way the moonlight highlighted their beauty. "You're amazing." And he meant that. He admired their strength, despite everything life had throw at them, they always bounced back stronger. Determined not to let it keep them down.

Lovely giggled, pulling him in for a kiss, sweet and slow.

The pair sat, laughing, eating and embracing the warmth of each other's company. Everything felt so perfect in contrast to the turbulence of their life prior to this moment. With everything that happened when Adam, Lovely felt as though they were slowly loosing control of their life, as if everything was happening around them and they were powerless to prevent it but with Vincent, he always have them control, kept them grounded and made them feel cared for in a way they hadn't ever felt before and found themselves not wanting to feel that from anyone else but him.

Their hands tangled together, fitting perfectly as they talked and ate for hours on end, looking up at the stars from the ground and with the telescope he got from Will.

"I think I see some constellations."

"Which ones?"

"I have no idea what they're called." Lovely laughed, adjusting the telescope. "But they're curly and whirly and very bright, if that helps."

"Trust me if Will were here, he'd be talking about the stars non stop. He's kind of an expert."

"Makes sense, being alive for so long. I wonder what that's like."

"Never a dull moment, I imagine."

Lovely turned around, smiling wide. "You're eyes are so sparkly. They're always glowing but under the moon they're so radiant."

Vincent chuckled, hiding his face to maybe prevent them from—

"Awwwweeee Vince you're blushing!"

"I'm a vampire, I don't blush." He retorts as Lovely laughed.

"Your cheeks say otherwise, Mr Solaire." They say, leaning in close and biting their lip. "Your body simply betrays you."

He reaches out, winding his fingers around a loose lock of their hair, soon tracing his fingers along the edge of their jaw, slowly moving upward toward the jagged scar across their cheek, a symbol of their strength. They were beautiful. It went halfway across their face, slightly zig zagged and it often reminded him of lightening bolt.

"I know you wanted to heal it but—

"It's part of you, and I love every part of you."