paint me happy.

<>hayes pov<>

i walked into the arena with tanner.

after our last scrimmage of the preseason, i dont see the season going well, we won 2 of 4 games just barely.

now we have team building week.

i walked into the meeting room and saw a bunch of stuff.

from canvases & paint to board games, bandanas, & a pile of junk.

"oh my." i whispered to myself.

i signed up to play hockey, not to have a bestie day with the guys.

we all moved from home at 17, 18, and 19 years old to play hockey in this small ass town in the middle of nowhere texas.

i found an empty chair and started talking to some of the guys near me.

"dude what are we doing?" i asked.

"you're the captain, i figured you would know." chipper said.

tommer laughed, "why are there paints over there? im not a fucking artist."

"dude this doesn't look like hockey. i didn't move to texas to have arts & crafts time." shep said.

"okay guys."

we all turned to see coach lexington, standing in the front of the room.

"im sure after a rough week of scrimmages & traveling & being new to this texas weather, you guys want a calm week. so welcome to team week. we will be having team building activities like a blindfolded maze, a scavenger hunt, board games, eat food, but today we will be having a painting class." he announced.

i wanted to roll my eyes but i dont want to get on his bad side.

"sunny is supposed to be here but i guess shes running a little late. im going to go find her, everyone go ahead and grab a canvas, paints and easel."

we all got up and walked over to the table, filled with art supplies.

when i returned back to my table, the door opened and in she walked.

the girl from the game.

my mouth hung open, in shock.

she strutted in wearing floral pants, a coral tank top, & birkenstocks, her hair in braids with a headband.

"um, is she his daughter?" a teammate whispered to me.

"lord i hope not." i said.

i took a seat and she hugged coach.

oh my.

i cant be in love with the coaches daughter.

they stood and watched us until everyone was seated again.

"this is my daughter, sunny."

coach lexingtons, the owner of the dalmatians and head coachs, daughter.

not only a coachs daughter but also the owners daughter.

"hey yall."

oh the southern accent.

"i have to go make some plans, but ill be in my office across the way if you guys need me. the coaches & i will be checking in periodically."

coach turned and looked at her, "you good?"

"i got this." they high fived before he left.

she turned and looked at the group of us.

just us & 2 media workers who are getting content for the team's social media.