going for gold.

"how do you feel about making a pit stop in ann harbor before we go see the red wings?"

"ill probably have to pee so, id love to stop." i said.

holly laughed and crystal shook her head while smiling.

"we're going to stop and use the bathroom somewhere but, the national team development program asked if we had time for a quick day."

i raised my eyebrows.

"really?" i asked.

"yes! but its like 5 hours so it needs to be something small, because we'll have to go get everything when we get there." she said.

i nodded.

"theyre at host homes, correct?"

"yes." crystal answered.

"paint vases or pots. they can gift them to their host families."

"you're filled with good ideas."  holly said, typing on her phone.

we got the plan ready and mapped out what aisles we needed things from at the store before heading to the arena with a car stuffed with planter pots.

"this is insane!" i said as we walked inside.

"girl you've literally been to nearly every nhl arena and this is insane?"

"i know but, im so excited!"

we were greeted by a lady who took us to the study room.

this room is where the boys have study hall 3 times a week, to catch up on schoolwork & stuff.

we set up the room and then the team came in.

"hi sunny!"

"hi!" i smiled.

"im head coach, coach appert." he introduced himself and i shook his hand.

the team went and sat down, all facing me.

"thank you for coming on such short notice. i saw your work and was very impressed so i made some calls just in time and got you on the calendar."

"thank you for having me, it means a lot." i smiled back.

"the teams had school & practice all week so i just wanted a time where they can wind down and be kids."

"ive got it." i nodded.

we turned to the team, "okay guys, this is sunny lexington. you may know her as the nhl artist, she very graciously squeezed us into her schedule and im very excited to have her here and i hope by the end of this you guys are too." coach said. "please give sunny your attention, and show here that we have the best team that she will meet this season. i need to go do somethings but ill be checking in periodically."

coach left and i turned the group of boys that are the same age as me.

this is much different than nhl teams.

"alright yall, like coach said im sunny, the nhl artist! now that youve met me, were going to go around the room and youll tell me you name and something about you."

i pointed to a table and the guys started rambling off their name & a fun fact.

"im luke and i wanted to play goalie but unfortunately my mom said no." he said, making me laugh.

"goalies are expensive, thats what my brother plays. he gives my parents lots of anxiety too." i said and then pointed to the next guy.

"so i've already forgotten half of yalls names but we're so short on time compared to my other classes, so we did have think outside the box on what we were going to do because i wouldn't have time to teach yall." i said.