Home Again

You and Liu quickly dressed, and you carefully made your way back home, Liu climbed in through your window and you tried the door, upon seeing it locked you knocked. You couldn't help but get a sense of deja Vu as your mother swung the door open and engalfed you into a hug.

" Oh hunny where'd you go?" She asked with her voice on the verge of tears, squeezing you tightly while letting you inside.

You then explained the lie Liu told you to say, having been coaching you about it since you began your treck back home. She nodded along, believing you. After making a few phone calls with the local police and letting them know that you had returned home safely, she eventually let you go to your room, after some badgering and force feeding you of course.

You sighed, falling onto your bed as you entered, Liu sat chilling in your office chair, having been used to waiting on you by now.

"So?"

" She's not mad just upset"

He nods slowly, " and?"

" And I'm stuck here for another five weeks, or til another bus comes. Which they don't know when- this honestly sucks. I hate this small town"

Liu sighed. " Me too"

You sat in silence for awhile, unsure what to do when the man suddenly stood up " we gotta go, okay? I know what happened last time, but I have some confidence it won't happen again "

You looked at him, hesitation swarmed around the both of you, before he leaned down to your spot on the bed suddenly, giving you a soft kiss on the forehead before sitting up again. " I'll be back" he assured.

You went back and forth with him, trying to convince him to stay before having to sorrowfully watch him leave the room, jumping from your window to the ground below, and disappearing into the forest. You stared after him, chewing on your lip nervously as he decended deep into the trees, sudden static filled your head as your eyes swiped up, giving you a sharp headache as you took a step back, turning away from the forest.

You hissed, trying to steady your head before it cooled it's self down, a few coughs escaped your throat, your head still buzzed as you stared down with blurry vision- taking in the blood that coated your hands. You frowned and stumbled your way to the bathroom, shutting and locking the door behind you as you began to cough up into the sink, your lungs heaved heavily as the static fizzled out around your vision, leaving you finally as you struggled in on yourself.

You stared down into the sink, staring at the blood that dripped from your lips into the porcelain. Had you been coughing that hard?

You looked up, taking in your appearance in the mirror, your nose and lips dripped blood, your nose having popped at some point and began to bleed heavily as well, prompting you to grab for some napkins. As you pressed it against your skin, you eyed the odd X and O symbol across your collar bone, feel and black, feeling like burnt skin under your fingertips.

" This is all from you" you muttered, taking the tall being you've been spending time with into account. You shivered, running your fingers through your hair before swiftly cleaning up the mess, not wanting your mom to see and question your health.

You stumbled back into your room, laying back down on your bed as your head began to spin, finding yourself falling asleep despite the circumstances.

~M/n POV~

I awoke as thunder suddenly struck close to my window, lighting my room for a brief moment, illuminating a figure hunched over my desk. I felt panic raise in my chest as I flicked my bedside lamp on, familiar black hair coming into view.