Stay The Night

Eventually, you slowly went down stairs to meet your mom for dinner, being sure to tell Jeff to stay where he was, which he scoffed at before agreeing, pulling your pillow into his lap as he huffed. You rolled your eyes. " I'll bring you something back up" you reasoned, and quickly left the room as Jeff muttered something about getting scraps like a dog. you rolled your eyes at this and made your way down, quickly helping your mom set the table. "what's for dinner?" you asked, she ruffled your hair as she brought a pan full of food out. 

"chicken alfredo, favorite right? I can't remember" she giggled softly to herself as she began to set up your plates, you  you smiled. "Well, It's one of them I was never really picky when it came to your cooking" you reasoned and she smiled softly. You began to shovel the food into your mouth, feeling an odd hunger take over you, yet the food its self didn't seem to satisfy you. You couldn't help but wonder what your body was craving to make it hungry while you're actively eating. Your mother began to speak.

"I'm sorry I wasn't there for you at the funeral" you raised a brow, mouth too full of food to answer her, she continued to speak anyway.

"Or when we got home, I had no idea how hard it hit you. I've not been well since you left."

You slowly took a sip of milk, trying to clear off the too big to chew bite. 

She continued. "the family doctor put me on some medication that makes me really tired, I take one in the morning and then there's a night time pill that knocks me out, so I'm pretty much out cold till 10 am" she chuckled. "So if you ever need anything honey you'll have to wait, okay? Just don't run off on me again" she reached over and gave your free hand a squeeze, you were also finally able to swallow that mouthful you had now regretted taking. 

"I-I see, that's why you never hear anything" you muttered, wiping your mouth with your napkin and taking a smaller bite this time. 

She laughed at your statement. "Yea, I'm not that, 'jump at every sound young mother now' "

You chuckled softly, before shifting in your seat nervously, that meant that if anything happened- even you being murdered in the next room couldn't have been heard by her. 

This thought unnerved you.

You took another bite to cool your nerves. "Have you thought about getting a better security set up then?" you asked, hoping it wasn't an odd question to ask- even if you were asking for your own sanity.

She thought for a moment, " I have, I just haven't found any in budget"

You bit your lip, it was always a money issue. 

" I see, is there anything I can do for now? Finance some security cameras?" she laughed, and assured you that things will be fine as long as you kept everything locked up, things still didn't feel right, though.

 After dinner you snuck a bowl of food up to Jeff, and quickly left without a word- confusing the black haired male. You kissed your mom on the way out the door, claiming you'd be back and you made your way quickly to the local camera store, you quickly checked your bank balance- having your cell phone and wallet on you for once, no longer forgotten in your nightstand drawer. 

You frowned seeing the screen glitch for a moment, before going back to being normal. You sighed upon finding your funds stable for once, and you rushed into the shop. Your eyes wondering around the shelves as your hands grabbed for the tapes hanging on the shelf.

You reached for the cameras next, a chest mount along with a hand held or two you planned to set up around. You paid for the cameras and tapes, and hurried home.