Prologue

"Hyunjin we have to go" my mother yells from downstairs as I look back into my childhood room one last time trying to recall all my favorite moments.

I remember my first sleepover with my best friend Sarah, we stayed up the whole night watching romance movies. By morning we were crying our eyes out because we just finished titanic. I feel like almost every moment I could remember in the past 10 years was with her. I still can't believe I'm going to have to say goodbye because I'm moving to Korea.

I also remember the funniest moment of my life when I snuck my ex home and my mother found us kissing in my room. She screamed I called it. It was the most funniest moment for me.

"Hyunjin" my mother says coming into my room breaking me away from my thoughts. "Are you doing ok?"

"Im good, I was just remembering when you found me here with milo" I say laughing as my mother cuts me off "Omg it's not funny, I just spoke aloud by accident."

"I know thats what makes it funny, definitely wasn't in the moment but it is now" I say hugging her. "Let's go."

"your never gonna let that moment go are you.." she says messing with my hair as we make our way to the car. "Nope"

Soon enough my mother gets into the car and I take another last look at my home while mouthing goodbye as I get into the car where Sarah is currently sitting along with her mother who generously offered to drive us to the airport.

"ready?" my mother says and I nod as I begin to talk with Sarah but I can't seem to pay attention to anything she's saying.

Maybe it's because I'm feeling super nostalgic. Or maybe it's because I'm finally leaving and I didn't realize I would have to leave all the good moments behind too, not just the bad.

I can only assume it's that though because I can't stop thinking about my coming out experience with my dad. He kicked me out and I waited for my mother to come home and when she did she was furious. She divorced him at the spot and now we're here we are leaving...

"Hyunjin are you paying attention?" Says breaking my train of thought wow this is happening a lot today.

"Sorry I was just thinking about things, what were you saying"

"Hey miss Hwang, I think you should postpone your trip Hyunjin is thinking you know how that normally ends." Sarah says and I hit her shoulder. "Shut up"

"You may be right we should go to the hospital" my mother says joining in. "Really you too"

"But seriously please pay attention this is the last day I'll see you for a long time." Sarah says hugging me. "I know I'm sorry" I say as I pull away

"Ok, so as I was saying you better tell me everything that happens right when you get to that house, and you have to tell me if you meet a cute guy, and if they have a hot brother or bestie for me."

"You know I'm just going to my mothers best friends house right not too hot to handle" I say looking at Sarah with a confused expression.

"Hey you never know you could meet a cute guy, and have a perfect love story."

"I doubt that will happen, you know I haven't had the best track record with guys."

"Yea that's true you've only ever kissed 2 people, which you've said were the worst experiences ever." Sarah says this time getting my mothers attention.

"you didn't like your kiss with Milo or.." my mother says looking back I quickly cut her off "stop talking" but it's too late...

I look at Sarah and she's already has a shocked expression and began yelling "one of them was milo." and my mother moved to look back at the front I guess she realized her mistake.

"How is it even Milo!!? He's was like the straightest person in school"

"I don't even know..." I say and Sarah shouts again "Wait pause your mother knows who they are and I don't, you told her before me. You have to tell me who the other one is now"

well it won't hurt now since I'm leaving right? "I have to preference this by saying I didn't know I was gay and she was phoebe"

"As in phoebe the person we hate, is this why we hated her" she shouts again. "Yea she asked for more and I couldn't because something felt wrong and she thought I was using her"

"You know I understand now why you didn't say anything." Sarah says looking away then back at me "no matter these two terrible moments I will 100% manifest you meeting your soulmate at Korea"

Soon enough after another few hours of shouting and talking with Sarah about both failed loves and random other things they all make it to the airport and are now about to say there goodbyes.

"I'm really am going to miss you, and I swear if you don't call me I will come over there and beat your ass" Sarah says while shouting the last part and holding back tears.

"Im gonna miss you too, and i'll call right when I land." I say pulling Sarah into a hug. I can tell this is hard for her she's ever been good with goodbyes. Honestly neither have I.

Sarah then suddenly hit my shoulder making me shout but I pause when I look at her and see she's fully crying now. "Stop making me cry idiot..." she says and I hug her tighter as the call comes up for boarding, so with a heavy heart I pull away giving my last goodbye.