Beginnings

"Hyunjin look outside, we're finally in Seoul" my mother yells pulling me away from my phone.

An entire plane ride went by and I still wasn't able to shake my gloomy state. I was missing my old home and sarah way to much constantly spending the entire plane ride looking over photos of us and all my random life events.

Regardless of how I was feeling though I didn't want to ruin this for my mother, so I kept a happy mask on my my face and smiled brightly "I know, I can't wait to get out and see."

Only after my mother smiles I look back towards the view outside the window, loosing myself in thought about it all. It's still hard for me to believe that I'm here.

Honestly I should have expected it my mother did always want to come back here and i'm not going to complain to her because I want her to be happy. She's already done so much for me.

And who knows maybe Sarah's manifesting works for once and I meet my soulmate... that's not gonna happen.

Soon enough the speakers go off saying random plane goodbyes. I've never really payed attention them before and I'm not going to now, so I just put on headphones and turn on my music waiting for everyone to get off so I can too. Which works because the only thing about planes that I know is that if you try to get off with everyone else right away they are gonna have no regard for your personal space. My mom knowing this just starts scrolling on her phone while texting miss Lee to tell her we landed as I send Sarah the same message and start get lost in song.

"But I cut people out like tags on my clothing
I end up all alone but I still keep hoping

I wanna feel all that love and emotion
Be that attached to the person I'm holding
Someday, I'll be fallin' without cautio..." 

I sing inside my head but my mother takes off my headphones and I pause realizing I was singing out loud. Thankfully no one was really left inside the plane except us two so only she laughed. When she was done we began exit the airplane.

God it is so damn hard to move. Im really tired too which makes this worse. I wish I had slept and gotten up at least once from sitting down that long and I really just want to get to a bathroom right now...

I can tell it was hard for my mother to find out where she was going because at some point she started roaming in circles, so I quickly asked someone where the bathroom was and started leading my mother.

After the bathroom we went straight to bagging and made our way out of the airport to find miss Lee. She was standing by her white Toyota Camry when I saw her, well I hope that was her because my mother ran screaming towards said person instantly hugging each other

"Omg I can't believe your here!! I missed you so much!!!"

"I've missed you too, It's been way to long!"

Wow I've never seen my mom act like that. It's insane to think that's her. Guess they really are best friends. I walk over and speak "hi miss Lee".

"Omg hyunjin you've grown, the last time I saw you were only 9, how have you been?" She says hugging me.

"I've been great, it's nice too see your too" I say but I can't really recall seeing her when I was 9 or before that.

"Felix is going o freak when he sees you" she says pulling away and I look at her dumbfounded, who's Felix.

Miss lee doesn't seem to notice my facial expression thankfully and just goes to open the trunk. As I pull my mom aside, "who's Felix".

"I thought you would remember you guys were inseparable as kids, but miss Lee moved when you were 9. He's her son"

I mouth an oh and then miss Lee comes back to help us put our bags in the trunk. Felix... was I really friends with miss lee's son, I don't remember. Wait is he the person mom said I'm rooming with. Miss Lee's son. Suddenly my phone vibrates pulling me away from my thoughts as I look at the screen I see Sarah texted.

How was the flight? -Sarah
Are you feeling ok? -Sarah

I'm ok just met miss Lee, apparently we knew each other when I was younger, and apparently I know her son..."

Ooo how old is he, and is he the one your rooming with? -Sarah

How would I know I text back and turn off my phone to get into the car to take a nap until we arrive at the house.