𝒙𝒊.

───── CHAPTER ELEVEN, OUTSIDE THE REEF. . .

     TO SAY THAT JAKE was pissed was an understatement, he was beyond angry. He closely followed behind his two sons into their personal Marui pod. He quickly glanced behind himself, making sure no one was about to hear the lecture he was going to give both of his sons.

Neteyam raised his hand to his nose, lightly putting pressure onto it to ease the pain. While Lo'ak was holding onto his left arm, which was most definitely going to develop a bruise later on. Once the three males made it into the hut, the younger boys knew all hell was going to break loose.

"What was the one thing I asked?" the older male started, as his tone held harshness in it. "The one thing?" he repeated. His tail swaying side to side in displeasure.

"Stay out of trouble──" Lo'ak was quickly cut off by his father. "Stay out of trouble, right. " Jake subtly glared at his youngest son in disappointment. "It was my fault." Neteyam stepped forward, trying to take the blame for his younger brother. But was quickly denied by his father.

"I don't think so. You gotta stop takin' the heat for this knucklehead." The older male said harshly, as he furrowed his brows. Still looking at Lo'ak.

Lo'ak shook his head lightly. As he tried to justify himself. "Look, dad. Ao'nung was picking on Kiri and (Y/N). " he said, staring intently at his father. "He called them freaks. And one of his friends made fun of (Y/N)'s scar. " the younger male finished.

Jake's breath hitched. As his harsh gaze slightly softened at his son, but nonetheless, he had to suck it up. Knowing that it was the Cheif's son that got hurt. No matter how much he despised the situation. He had to be on the Olo'eyktan's good side.

He glanced at Neteyam, and then back at Lo'ak. He sighed, deeply. "Go apologies to Ao'nung." he said, as Lo'ak looked up at his father in confusion.