14

november 2016

NICHOLAS JUMPED AT THE SUDDEN KNOCK ON HIS DOOR. ross had gone back home for thanksgiving, him and nick thought it would be best that way. so it being only nick in the house, he was excited that the cast of spider-man came a couple days before thanksgiving. 

"lovers!" nick said as he hugged laura, zendaya and jacob. "holland," he said as he nodded his head,

"grande," he said. everyone made their way inside and they sat in the living room. jacob spoke up,

"so nick, are we expecting a new album?" nick laughed

"no, i mean, that post were lyrics to a song that i wrote a couple days ago when i felt inspired. it'll probably be on an album that'll be released way in the future," nick said.

tom looked up confused, "what post?" he asked

"you would know if you followed him," laura started, "he posted a photo of himself captioned 'baby say goodnight n go'," laura paused for a moment, "wait... that's what it said right?" she asked.

nicholas nodded feeling blush creeping into his cheeks, him and tom looked at each other, the actor realizing that's almost exactly what he said to nick that night. he inspired that song.

"oh," tom said blushing lightly as he looked back down at his phone.

nick left for rehearsal, leaving them all alone. he did invite them but they all decided they wanted to be surprised at the show

it was almost midnight when nicholas came home from rehearsals, the house was dead silent which let him know that everyone was sleeping or in their bedroom for the night

he made his way to the kitchen, poured himself a glass of water, and made his way to the balcony. he smiled when he opened the sliding glass door to reveal tom looking at new york, his back faced nick so he wasn't aware of the singers presence. 

"i guess we had the same idea," nicholas said, tom quickly turned around at the sound of the others voice.

the actor nodded his head, "im not just admiring though, im thinking," he said. nick made his way over to the couch tom was sitting on and sat next to him,

"what are you thinking about?" nick asked tom. both focusing on the night sky.

"how much my life's going to change when this movie comes out. i'm also scared, of how people will react to me, if they don't like me. you know?" the actor asked the singer who nodded his head.

"are you proud of the movie?" nick asked.

"yes, i'm very proud. i worked my ass off," tom said.

"good, you should be. if you're proud, if you like the way it turned out, that's all that matters. nobody else's opinion matters but your own," nick said. tom looked at him and smiled slightly, he thanked him. they sat there in silence for awhile before nicholas spoke up.

"ross is home for thanksgiving, we both thought it'd be best if he was surrounded by loved ones right now," nick paused, "its really bad, like really really bad. he's never ever been so high that he didn't know where he was. i'm just back to feeling like a dad again," they were both facing each other now, tom watched as a tear rolled down nick's cheek. he felt bad, he didn't know how to comfort nick. nicholas wiped the tear quickly off his face, "i'm just scared," he whispered, "i'm scared that one day its going to go too far," he said, finally making eye contact with tom, tears in his eyes.

"i'm no relationship counselor or anything, and don't take this the wrong way or anything," tom spoke, nick nodding his head, "but maybe tour is the perfect opportunity for you and ross to take some time way from each other. and by that i don't mean split up, but maybe just–" nick interrupted,

"take some time for ourselves?" nick questioned. tom nodded, they both did. "thank you."

"yeah," tom said.

nick got up, making his way to the door, "also, thanks for– you know, coming even though you really didn't want to. even if i didn't really want you to come either, i'm actually glad you did. only because you help me out in times like these," he said laughing and tom laughed too.

"i'm glad i came too, only because i missed this view," tom responded. they laughed at each other before nick spoke.

"see ya tomorrow, holland," nick said.

"tomorrow, grande."