076

Harlem|Baby Shower📍12:02pm
I began turning around slowly. and there he was standing in a tuxedo with his hair out in an afro. he looks so handsome. it was such an unreal moment to the point where I glanced over at my mom who once despised him and everything he did then I looked back at him.

Immediately tears began to fill my eyes with my heart pumping ever so vigorously through my chest.
I don't know why I am tearing up, but I do? I've missed him since the day he walked out of my life; out of our life. but there he was standing in front of me, the popped ballon in one hand and a needle in the other. I'm speechless. so damn speechless.

he dropped both the balloon and needle onto the floor and held out his hands that were coated in the blue glitter. a tear left my eye. I reached my hands out and held placed them onto his. everyone started to cheer in aww.

"I—I don't- I—I really don't understand. why are you here?" a tear fell down my cheek.

he immediately wrapped his arms around my waist bringing me closer to him. I wrapped my hands around his neck knowing that he's gonna whisper in my ear.

"fuck do you mean mh that's my son" dd whispered and chuckled while rubbing my my waist.

"but I thought-

dd cut me off. "don't say nothing, I'm being in my sons life aii why you tryna tell me I'm not-

"whatever happened to 'I'm too young' or it's too much or-

"I was a little boy when I said that mh"

I snickered as in 'tf' "dd you're still the same age"

"I'm a man"

"but dd you hurt me real bad I don't want my son around you if that's all you're gonna do when he comes out"

dd sucked his teeth. "during my trip in my miami I've learned some shit, real shit, for real life shit mh"

I rolled my eyes. "really now? you always say something about learning something-

dd cut me off by lifting one of my hands up and spending me around and after that he pulled me back close to him and kissed my forehead. "ma stop speaking on the past aii leave all old shit alone"

the way he said 'ma' instantly made me quiver. but I wasn't letting him off like that that easily. "I guess" I responded placing my head in the crook of his neck with my face looking plain.

music was now playing as voices were already filling the room. dd placed his hands back on my waist and began swaying me around so that we're dancing in sync while I still had my head in the crook of his neck.

I looked over at my mom. she was recording I chuckled trying to burry my face back in the crook of dd's neck. my mom began to walk over to us and I pulled away from dd.

"congratulations baby" she smiled with tears in her eyes hugging me tightly.

I squeezed her back. "thank you" I began balling my eyes out.

"so you're gonna be good with him?" my mom wiped her eyes.

I looked over at dd who was just standing there. he did lifted his eyebrows once and did it ever so awkwardly. I looked back at my mom and began to whisper "I haven't decided if I want him back in my life mom"

"oh I'm not talking about that sweetheart" my mom explained. "I'm gonna miss you at home"

my eyes widened. "what" my mom gave me a look. "I'm sorry I meant- it sounds like you're trying to say I'm moving out of your house"

"you're seventeen, he's seventeen he knows what he's doing y'all are having a baby together you need all the space you need no whining you're finna be a momma"