1.1

High in the sky a metal box flew by, holding some soldiers heading back to their base. "Oh god, five months of this. I can't wait to get a little taste of home." A bald dirty man says, looking at his team. "A plate of mama's alligators étouffée."

"You've been talking about barbecued 'gators and crickets for the last two weeks. I'm never going to your mama's house, Fig. I promise." A black soldier points to Fig, having only one earphone in. "But Bobby, Bobby, 'gators are known to have the most succulent meat." Fig tries to reason.

"I understand." But then Fig starts to talk in Spanish. Booby rolls his eyes at him and mimics him, "English, please, English."

"I mean, how many times have we... We don't speak Spanish. I told you that." His lieutenant tells him, looking to his Captain. Yn nods in agreement, "Yeah, no more Spanish. But I don't have to deal with this for the next two months. So I don't care." He shrugs, leaning slightly forward putting his face in the light showing his YCE eyes and short messy YCH that needs a good wash.

Captain Yn Witwicky, 27 years old, the one who got shot twice saving the arse of his lieutenant, the soon-to-be captain of this group. Yn reasons that if he sent Will home with two holes in his chests his wife would've kicked his own arse. But now the captain gets to go home to see his family and take the piss out of his younger brother, Sam.

The plane ride to the base was long and hot, Yn listened to his team talk of going home, hearing Will talk of holding his daughter for the first time and how he is the lucky bastard that gets two months with his family. Nothing bad could go wrong, right?

~Time Skip~

Yn pulls himself out of a taxi thanking the driver and grabs his duffle bag lifting it onto his shoulder. He spots his father's green Porsche on the drive, a good sign that he is home. He walks along the path towards the door and knocks a few times. He stands there before hearing his mother's voice, "I'll get it, Ron." She opens the door, smiling but stops seeing her son standing there in army trousers, black combat boots and a white top, his jacket stuffed in his back, and on his left wrist is a black watch, the face of the watch is on his inner wrist, with a crack watch face, he always refused to get it fixed, staying its good luck. "Oh my gosh." she quickly wraps Yn into a bone-crushing hug, "Why didn't you call?" She asks, pulling away from him and holding his shoulder. "I wanted it to be a surprise, and my phone died on the plane back." He gets pulled in and is met with the family dog, Mojo, who had a cast on one of his front paws. "Ron, Yn's home." Judy shouts.

Some time later Ron was getting ready to pick up Sam from school. "Can I come?" Yn asks, standing behind Ron. Ron looks behind him at his oldest and shrugs, "Sure."

Yn sits in the front waiting for Sam to come out of school, only seeing him run out holding his bag in one hand and a piece of paper in the other. "I got it!" he shouts as he throws his bag in the pack and climbs over into the back seat, still waving the paper in Ron's face. "So?" Ron asks, looking back at his youngest son. "A-. It's an A though." Sam tells him, very happy.

"Wait, wait, I can't see." Ron looks at the paper from Sam's hand, seeing an A-. "So, I'm good?"

"You're good." Ron then pulls off.

On the main street, Ron breaks the silence, "I got a little surprise for you, son." He drives up to a Porsche dealership making Sam freak out and shake Yn. Although the brothers have an eleven-year age gap, they are surprisingly close even if Yn has been away in the army for most of Sam's life. "Oh, you gotta be kidding me!" He shouts looking at the cars. Ron laughs as he pulls out of the dealership, "Yeah, I am!" He jokes, Sam looks betrayed and sinks into his seat. Yn laughs out loud at the look on Sam's face. "You really think our dad would get you a Porsche for your first car?!" He laughs before taking a deep breath and fist-bumping his dad.

"I don't want to talk to you for the rest of this whole thing." Sam mumbles.

He goes into another dealership across the street, it has some great junk- I mean cars. Yn steps out ignoring Sam, as he compares some rust buckets, and looks around not caring for the black man that walks out, he must be the owner of the junkyard. He walks past some old cars that have their paint peeling off. A yellow 1977 Camaro with two thick black racing stripes on the hood that travel on the roof and boot is the car that catches his eye. Although its paint is faded and has some rust, it is in good condition. Yn pulls open the driver's door looking inside, the seats are faded black leather with yellow stripes in the middle, just like the racing stripes. Yn waves Sam over and he and the owner start talking, ending in him asking where this car came from. Yn gets into the passenger side sitting inside seeing a disco ball and bee freshener hanging from the mirror, making Yn chuckle. Sam wipes away some dirt from the wheel spotting some weird head symbol. "It feels good." He mumbles under his breath as Yn nods.

"How much?" Ron asks. Yn rolls his eyes, of course, his father is gonna ask how much he has to pay.

"Well,... considering the semi-classic nature of the vehicle, with the slick wheels and the custom paint job."

"But the paint's faded." Yn points out as the owner leans in the window next to him.

"Yeah, but it's custom."

"It's custom-faded?" Sam asks.

"Well, this is your first car. I wouldn't expect you to understand." The owner then stands up looking at Ron. "Five grand." Really, $5000, this car's good, but not that good. Yn remembers that his first car was only $3000 and after a month its bad condition causes him to get in a crash, it wasn't a bad crash but now Yn prefers to get slightly newer cars and this car doesn't look like it'll crash after a days worth of use, unlike some of the cars on this lot. "No, I'm not paying over four. Sorry." Ron says.

"Kids, come on, get out." The owner leans back into the car. Yn looks offended, he's 27 and nowhere near a kid. "Get out the car." he repeats seeing that neither of them was making a move to get out of the car. "No, no, no. You said cars pick their drivers." Sam tells him.

"Well, sometimes they pick a driver with a cheap-ass father. Out the car." he taps the hood of the car and starts to talk about a yellow beetle that sat next to the Camaro. Yn tries opening the door but it doesn't budge. Sam successfully exits the car and closes the door with some force. This causes Yn's door to open, hitting the beetle, "I didn't do it." Yn holds up his hands to show his innocence. Due to the Camaro hitting the beetle, it causes a dent to form on its driver's door, Ron asks if the guy was alright, and he explains he can knock the dent right off. Yn goes to step out but is pulled back in via the black seat belt. He looks at it confused, knowing he did not put it on. Then just as the owner got out the beetle the Camaro's radio started to act up "Greater than man" it says and the belt tightens around Yn, making him wince in pain, not from the tightens of the belt but from it pushing against one of his gun wounds, but the gip the belt had loosens a bit, but slight strong enough to keep Yn seated.

Seconds later the radio emits a loud screech sound causing all the other cars' windows to break into shards littering the floor. Yn's mouth drops open looking at the radio, seeing it go dead and the seat belt to come off. "Holy shit." he steps out seeing the owner holding up four fingers then shouts "$4000."