Short Stories That Are Too Short To Be A Book (1)

Scar took another bite out of his cookie. He looked up at Cub and smiled. After swallowing, he said,
 "Hey Cub. Want to do something really fun and dramatic in public?"

Cub simply smiled with a knowing look on his face. "It's not going to involve 'hotguy', is it?" He asked.

"No," Scar laughed lightly, setting down his plate and the half-eaten cookie. "I was thinking with... that." He pointed to a small pistol hanging over the door. Cub's smile turned into a shocked frown. 

"But... Scar, you know that death is permanent here, right? We can't-"

"It won't be loaded, I promise! Pleeeeeease?!" Scar begged, staring up at his friend from his seated spot on the couch.
Cub didn't reply.

"Look, even Jellie wants to cause some drama! See?" Scar held up his cat, who meowed in protest at being picked up. Scar set his cat in his lap and began to scratch her behind her ears, saying, "Who's my good little drama baby? You are! Oh, yes, you are!"

"Fine." Cub replied, face-palming with a sigh. "But promise- promise me that it won't be loaded."

"I will shoot! I will!" Scar said loudly, pointing the gun at Cub's head. Cub watched the citizens pass by, rolling their eyes. Eventually, Grian came up and said to Scar, 

"Stop seeking attention."

Scar glared at him suddenly. He pulled the trigger and a bullet fired, going straight through Cub's chest before he could piece it together.

Cub heard one last sentence spoken by his best friend.

"Don't say I didn't warn you."