Chapter 1: Working & Information

Chloe's POV

The ambience of Blessed Night is perfect as ten finally rolls around. There's almost a dozen of us on the floor tonight, the others out on missions and jobs for Chan.

There's two poles set up near the back wall, a massive bar in the middle of the room dividing the two sides. The front of the large open room is an open free range seating area with love seats, cushions and beanbags spread around. There's a few boxes of fresh toys strewn around the room, and I find myself triple checking everything again as I wait for our usual crowds to start rolling in.

I find myself absentmindedly stroking my auburn tail, my fox features making me one of the most requested people in the most infamous brothel in the Pleasure District.

My ears twitch as I hear something shift behind me, and I turn to find my friend Thomas, the only non-sex Daemon, and let's face it, the only Divine Child here. Not that he cares. Or even notices at this point. Having met Chandler, the owner of this Brothel and my second closest friend, through Thomas, for as long as I've been here, nothing phases the Vampire.

If I had to guess, I would bank that like most of us here, he's probably running from a past full of people that showed him what people are really like.

What we at our core are really like.

But he doesn't talk about his past.

None of us do. It's easier and cleaner that way. Our lives started when we met each other. And while we can't change the past, we sure as hell can not talk about it.

The Vampire bumps my shoulder, his long white hair braided into a pony tail down the center of his back, though the length does nothing to take away from his natural icy handsomeness that even I can't resist but to sample sometimes. Though I'm told resisting me is a lot harder. "Hey. You okay?" He asks me and I roll my eyes.

"Do you have to ask me that every day. Isn't the fact that I'm alive and here be enough for you. Do I have to be okay, too?" I ask him, whining just a teeny bit.

Thomas snorts, shaking his head at me. "I don't even know why I try, Trouble." He lightly scolds me using the nickname he gave me the night we met, claiming he's never met someone who attracted as much trouble as I did.

And to this day, I think I still hold that record.

"Okay, okay." I concede, knowing I give him shit every second I can. The least I can do is calm down his old man heart so he doesn't have a heart attack. "I'm doing okay. I keep having a dream over and over again that I can't remember and it's driving me crazy. But I'm eating. And sleeping. And even catching up with friends. Anything else you want to check on, geezer?" I ask Thomas with a raised brow and mocked open mouth, snickering as he flips me off.

"I know you're jealous because by the time you get to my age, you'll be on your deathbed, but five hundred and thirty two is still pretty young for a Vamp. I have another three hundred years in me. You're just an ass." He tells me, trying to pretend he's not pouting.

Customers start to walk in, and Thomas takes his leave, heading towards the bar where he helps out sometimes when he's not acting as a bouncer. As a bartender Thomas is insanely skilled and flawless, and those are usually the nights we get the best information. But lately, things have been getting more and more tense around the PD. There's even talk of Vilin sending in troops for patrol. Not that we need anymore of those bastards patting us down, roughing us up and fucking us when they think nobody is looking.

I try to keep my features schooled into a pleasant one, despite the direction of my thoughts, though it's not long before a potential target comes in.

A tall man, about six four, walks into the large space, sliding off his coat to offer to one of the door girls.