Chapter 4: Clubs & Coincidences

Commander Johnathan

Alex's POV

It's a little after ten the following night, and I find myself in Wolfhead Apartments, a place I never had to live in thanks to the extreme misfortune of my parents passing away and their home becoming mine.

Only Mated wolves get approval from the Elder Council to build a new home. It helps save resources, time and effort. And if my parents were alive to claim their dream home with their own goals and wants in mind, this is exactly where I would be living. The reminder makes my throat tight as I turn the last street from Johnathan's directions.

I want to get out of this place.

Thankfully, Johnathan doesn't plan on making me wait, the Commander already waiting outside dressed in dark jeans, a cardigan and a white shirt, his dirty blonde hair finger tossed into a million directions.

With his charming asshole vibe, no one would ever think he would be one of the highest ranking officers in Vollmond. Hell, half the time I'm not even sure.

I snicker to myself as Johnathan notices me and comes to meet me halfway, his dark blue eyes lined in eyeliner, the corners of them crinkling as he shoots me his most charming smile. "Beta Alex, the man of the hour! You ready for a night of espionage and booze?" He asks me with wiggling eyebrows.

'This man clearly knows how to party.' Tobias smirks, always one ready to kick his feet up and have a good time.

'You won't be saying that when I force you you deal with the effects of this Boys Night Out in the morning.' I grumble and he respectfully declines and promises to behave.

We'll see if that lasts longer than an hour.

After ensuring we have our back up gear hidden beneath our clothes, Johnathan and I head out, making our way through the man road past the Vilin check ins and the Capital until we finally arrive just outside of Revelia's border.

The road is thick with Supers and humans like coming from all around Kaulike to party in Revelia. While the magi themselves aren't really fond of anyone but their own, they welcome the wild legendary fun that comes with mixing Supers with drugs, sex and alcohol. Human are usually warned away from Revelia, and seeing how must substances that are hard enough to knock a Witch on her ass is enough to kill a human three times over if they don't know what they're taking, I can clearly see why.

We've seen the reports of it happening.

But I turn a blind eye to the human drinking pure Moonshine and the Vampire's Shadow Liquor, even knowing they probably won't be around to see the sun.

It's not my fault they ignored the warnings.

Johnathan is already eating it all up, smiling at a few Witches that share a ride on a broom. And of course it's purely for irony, Magi having plenty of ways to achieve travel and flight without the stereotypical human fairytale.

Being from Vollmond where wolves tend to spend all their time in their own packs and families, it's startling for me to see so many different types of people and Supers together. The only place that was even a bit similar was school, but that would never have been able to prepare me for the way that a Water Faerie-Vampire Hybrid is riding on the back of a pure blood Warlock, the two laughing along with their equally mixed friend group. In Vollmond, and other parts of Divine Country, there's always a stiffness in the air. This crushing weight of someone always watching over your shoulder to make sure you're talking to the right people, about the right things. Making sure they all have the right connections and make the right decisions. Because otherwise you're attempting to disturb our peace we fought the Daemons so hard for.