ENCHANTED BY HER SMILE

BECKY POV
3YRARS AGO

"I want to invite Freen outside, but I know my twin brother doesn't allow me to do that."

The doctor mentioned that Freen shouldn't be exposed to smoke and should avoid getting tired, but perhaps it would be alright to take her to the nearby park? It's not too far from my house, after all.

I lay back and stared at the ceiling.

"Aisssst!"

Annoyed, i muttered myself while scratching my head. Suddenly, my phone rang loudly on the table, so i quickly reached for it. Upon seeing that it was my brother on the other line, i immediately picked up.

"Hello, bro?"

"How's Freen doing over there?"

"Uhmmm? She's doing okay, bro. By the way, bro Richie... Can I take Freen out, even just to the park?"

Richie didn't respond immediately on the other line, so Becky already knew what his answer would be.

"Is it not allowed, bro?"

"Yeah! Freen's operation is coming up soon, so she shouldn't be exposed to smoke or get tired. It's better for you guys to just stay at home, Becky!"

"Aissssh! bro, it's so boring... You know I'm not used to just staying at home, right?"

"Come on, Becky! Just do it for Freen."

I didn't say anything more and hung up the phone. I stood up and walked towards the door. I needed to talk to the driver to let them do the groceries later. I quickly turned the doorknob and opened it.

"Hi?"

I was surprised to see Freen outside the door, and her awkward smile caught my attention.

"What are you doing here?"

I asked her, curious.

"I heard you and your brother Richie..."

I bit my lip and looked away.

"I'm sorry! You know I'm not used to just staying at home and not doing anything."

I explained to her.

"Yeah, I know that, Becky. Do you want to go to the park?"

I scratched my head, unsure of how to respond to Freen's offer. While it seemed okay to her, it might not be suitable for Freen's condition since her movements were limited.

"But... you know you can't, Freen."

I saw a hint of sadness in her eyes as she looked down and avoided my gaze. So, I took a step closer to her.

"I know! I'm sorry, Becky..."

After she said that, I tapped her shoulder.

"Come on? Cheer up!"

She gave me a slight smile and composed herself.

" I Should  go back to my room?"

She was about to leave when I held her hand, causing her to pause and look at the hand I was holding.

"Why?"

"Ahhhh... Let's go?"

Becky brought Freen to the car. She adjusted her seatbelt while Freen remained quiet, observing Becky's gentle face that was so close to hers. It felt like a ray of light was hitting her cheek, making her heart beat faster, and she could even smell Becky's hair. It made her heart race even more, as if it was absorbing her strength and breath. She quickly turned away and focused her attention on the view outside the car.

"Are you okay?"

"Uhmmm... Ahh, I'm fine."

Freen stuttered in her response, unable to look at Becky beside her.

"Let's go?"

They were on their way to the park. It was only two blocks away, and they would soon arrive. They could have walked, but Becky didn't want Freen to get tired, and she didn't want her to inhale any smoke.

"Do you like music?"

I asked Freen since she had been quiet and unresponsive. She turned to face me and smiled.

"Uhmm, can you play a song?"

I grinned and immediately played some music. They exchanged glances as Toni Gonzaga's song started playing.

I don't know why
But when I look in your eyes
I felt something that seems so right
You've got yours, I've got mine
I think I'm losing my mind
'Cause I shouldn't feel this way

Catch me, I'm falling for you
And I don't know what to do
How can something so wrong
Feel so right all along
Catch me, I'm falling for you
How can time be so wrong?
For love to come along
Catch me, I'm falling for you
How can love let it go
When it has no place to go
And I can't go along pretending
That love isn't here to stay
Catch me, I'm falling for you

"Can she catch me if ever I fall for her?"

Becky's eyes widened after saying that. It wasn't what she really meant to say. She quickly smiled at Freen and subtly avoided looking at her, closing her eyes and biting her lip, wondering why she said those things.

"Of course... I'm sure she'll catch you, Becky. If I were her, I'd catch you."

Becky almost crashed the car into a large tree. Luckily, she managed to brake in time.

"Ahhh... What did you say?"

Freen just smiled at her.

"Oh shoot! We almost hit that. But... we're already at the park. Shall we go?"

Becky looked around and realized they were indeed at the park. Freen had already gotten out of the car, while Becky focused on parking properly. She secretly watched Freen standing outside, waiting for her. She couldn't help but smile, remembering what Freen had said earlier.

"Aissssh! What is this feeling? Am I going crazy? No, Becky, it's not possible! It's not possible, okay?"

She scolded herself silently.