THE TRAGIC EVENT

RICHIE POV

"Babe, where are we going?"

She wrapped her arm around mine.

I smiled at her gesture. Even a simple act of affection made me feel giddy.

"Just to the park near the overpass," I told her and smiled.

"Hmm... Are we going to count the stars?"

I laughed at her question. Counting the stars, really?

"No, babe. The reason why we're going there is to watch the beautiful stars in the sky. And I'm sure you'll love it."

I said with a smile.

"I'm sure I will, babe. Because you said it's beautiful."

I smiled at her response. Our conversation was sweet and the simple moments of affection made me happy.

"Yes, but not just because of me. The stars in the sky are beautiful and the ambiance in the park is nice too. It's just nice to walk and relax there."

Freeya smiled at Richie and held onto his arm.

As they approached the park, a man suddenly crossed the road, causing Richie to brake abruptly.

"Jesus! Is he trying to commit suicide? Wait, babe, let me get out and talk to that guy," Richie said to Freeya.

But Freeya stopped him, "Don't let your anger get the best of you, babe, okay?"

"Tsk! It's so annoying!" Richie replied, frustrated.

They decided to leave the man alone and continued to the park, where they parked the car.

"We're here," Richie said.

Richie didn't know why he felt nervous now. Just like earlier, his heart was pounding and he felt scared, but he didn't know why his heart was beating so fast.

Freeya noticed that Richie was silent and looking into the distance, so she tapped him.

"Are you okay, babe?"

"Ah, yes!"

I gave a brief response to Freeya. Despite wanting to make her happy, I couldn't help but feel nervous.

"Just wait, babe, I'll call Becky and ask her to come here."

She nodded and hugged me. Becky answered her phone right away.

"Hello, brother?"

"Becky, come to the park. We'll wait for you here, If you don't see us right away, we'll be at the overpass, okay?"

"Ah, yes, okay, I'm on my way, Richie. Take care, both of you."

I hung up the phone and got out of the car to open the door for Freeya.

"Thank you, babe."

As she got out of the car, she immediately gazed at the sky.

"You're right, it's beautiful here. The surroundings are refreshing, and there are so many stars in the sky."

"I told you, babe, that you would love it here, right?"

I pinched Freeya's cheek, and she immediately complained about the pain.

"Ouch, that hurts!"

She complained to me.

We walked around the park and happily chatted.

"Babe,"

She held my hand, while Freeya stared at me.

"No matter what happens, it'll still be us. Even if there are obstacles in our way, I'll do whatever it takes to be with you."