Epilogue

"Can you believe it? We have finished college FOREVER!!!" Daisy shouts in my ear with all the breath she can take in her lungs.

"Daisy, please calm down! It's just college at the end of the day..." Jackson, aka Jack, is known not to be an excellent student, but somehow, he got out of college with a pass.

"Oh, shut up, Jack! We all know you are the one who gonna miss college the most!" Daisy smirked at Jack, making everyone laugh at the irony of the comment.

"I am so excited about our summer trip. One week in Mallorca altogether is going to be amazing!" I exclaim, hugging Seb from his side body and staring at the soft smile formed on his face when I end my sentence.

"Yes, It's going to be elite", Seb calmly says, looking into my eyes, followed by a simple yet intense lip kiss.

"Oh please, you two, get a room! I don't fancy looking at these sickly sweet scenes throughout our holiday", Jack says while rolling his eyes and scrolling his shoulder.

We are sitting at the park where we met for the first time; it sounds pretty bizarre, but after I tell you how we met. I was around 3 years old, and while going down the slide, another girl – Daisy – slid through without waiting for me to move away. We cried together, and for a tiny second, we even hated each other, but then we began playing together. After a few hours, Daisy and I met Seb and Jack on the swing nest; their parents put them inside with us, and from there is history. We did primary, secondary and college together.

Unfortunately, we have decided to take different paths for university. Daisy will move to Birmingham to study creative writing, Seb will move to Reading to learn film studies, and I received an offer from the Royal Conservatoire of Scotland in Glasgow. Jack knew studying wasn't for him and decided to take a leap of faith into barman training as he had always been extremely talented in flipping bottles around at parties. 

If you ask me how I would describe our friendship, I would say it's beautifully odd; we are all from different backgrounds and grew up in different backgrounds and opportunities. However, we learned to make the most out of them, especially Jack, who struggled the most throughout his childhood and accepting who he truly is. Our odds even out, complementing each other.

Daisy, a five-foot-three bisexual girl, can capture anyone's eyes with her beautiful afro hair, but mostly the confidence she radiates every single day of her life. Her dark-chocolate skin, almond, black eyes and sexy-tasty lips mark made her prom queen in Year 11. Her style is street vibes; she knows how and what to wear at the right moment; she is a pure fashion icon. My family loves her mainly because she brings traditional African food home when she stays over, which is almost every day. Her parents don't even know her as much as my parents do. I also go to hers when we have to study, and her mother is hilarious, loving, an excellent cooker and radiates the same energy Daisy has.

Jack, gay and non-binary, is the group's black sheep, but we love him because of how rebellious he is compared to all of us. His light-blue eyes are marked by his black hair with dyed purple tip, nose piercing both left and right, and the grunge-edgy look makes his appearance gloomy to everyone looking at him, but he is known to be a heart-breaker because of the way he acts around in college. In his first year of college, he was nominated by the LGBTQ+ community as the sexiest non-binary gay of the year – mainly, all his crushes voted for him. He doesn't consider himself popular, and neither wants to associate with it, but we all know deep down he likes all this attention. His ego is boosting! Jack was adopted right after his natural mother gave birth to them; they never wanted to meet her and feel happy with their adopted family.

Seb and I found ourselves to be more than friends at the beginning of college; our families have known each other since we met at the park that day, and let me tell you how absolutely over the moon they were when we made it official.

Our families became even more of one big family.

Seb is the typical boy you watch in princess movies – not a paedophile, of course – but caring, loving and always up for a new adventure together. He never gets mad and always has a smile on his face. His short red curly hair highlights the green of his eyes and the harsh white skin tone. The tip of his nose is slightly round, and his lips are curvy and thin. His eyebrows always lifted as he smiled and rested upon his eyes gently and calmly like his presence.

And then it's me, Rachel. I have short black mullet hair and Bambi's eyes (as my mother has always called them since birth), and I love books and music. I read so many books that my dad had to build 3 wall shelves around the house only to get my books to have a place to be and rest after frenetically swiping pages till 4 am in the morning. I don't consider myself famous; I am very quiet and don't like the spotlight. However, I am proud of my first place in Year 11 in a music competition I did with my school. I started playing the sax at 10 years old and never stopped. I was in a jazz band in college, and we did some lives in bars and pubs during the weekend.

"What's the plan for our trip to Mallorca? Are we going to relax, pool, sunbathe, look at sexy boys all around, snaking into clubs?" Daisy said, emphasising the 'sexy boys' knowing Seb doesn't really get jealous; I never knew why; I always thought it was his calm personality.

"What I think we should do first is pack, girl!" I say to her while jokingly pushing her on the shoulder.

I look at the rose gold watch around my wrist and notice it's getting late as I need to prepare to play at THAT pub. The reason why I am making it bold is that it is where my dad asked my mum to marry her, and every time I play there, it's another reason for her to tell me the story from the beginning. Today counts 15 times. 

Fast but not as much, we wrap up the picnic blanket, and I start walking to my home.