Chapter Six

"Mami (Mami), a mí me gusta tu descendencia entera (¿Por qué?) Porque ella me da. La mamá de la mamá, De la mamá de la mamá, De la mamá de la mamá"

We just discovered that El Alfa, a popular Dominican singer, has been causing the speakers in every club we've been to for the past two nights to break. I can understand why his music is so good; it makes me want to dance until 6 am, even though I'm usually a morning person. The love for El Alfa is growing in me, just like my love for the Spanish friends we met two days ago at the beach, thanks to Daisy, who can make friends with anyone.

I spent a lot of time with Chloe, even when we were with our friends. But being alone with her felt magical, and I struggled to explain my feelings. Maybe I was trying to escape reality with Seb, but I never questioned my attraction to girls until now.

Daisy is dancing like crazy with the new girls, and Jack is following her along, but with their eyes, I can tell they are finally looking at some guys to have what they want: sex. Jack is all about sex and leaves the next morning without seeing where he is gone.

In college, Jack goes out with a guy from the LGBTQ+ society, and they seem pretty in love; however, we know Jack and what they think of love equals nothing. Jack's "boyfriend" was in love, and Jack was acting along because he liked physicality more than emotions. When the "boyfriend" learned that Jack was going out with another 5 GUYS (I don't wanna say Jack felt guilty about it because we know him and we know he doesn't), they broke up, and Jack never recovered from his mistakes. 

As I scan through the crowd, my eyes land on Daisy, who seems to be pushing people as she walks with Seb. My heart starts racing, and I feel my anxiety creeping back in. I can't help but follow them, keeping a safe distance as I try to make sense of their conversation amidst the blaring music. 

They pull up next to the bathroom and I attempt to hide behind the brick wall separating the entrance and toilets of the beach club we're at. 

"When are you going to tell her? If you don't, I will!" Daisy yells, but I can see Seb motioning for her to quiet down.

"Daisy... I don't know! How can I tell her such a thing? I know she is going to be extremely upset with both of us. This damn holiday we planned for years will go straight down the deep hole of one of the worst and first holidays we ever did" Seb seems very anxious, and I can tell he's hiding something big. 

"Yes, Seb, she is going to be mad with both of us, and yes, the holiday will most likely be ruined, but it's already ruined, to be honest! Look at us! Hiding at the beach club's toilet to talk about what happened the night of end-of-year college." I see Daisy leaning forward, but I can't tell if she's trying to kiss or hug him. Either way, what are they talking about?

"Let's go back to the dance floor and look for Rachel. And don't bring this conversation up unless it's just me and you" We were both scared because Seb was acting very serious and in charge, which was new for us.

They walk together towards the dance floor, and I wait until they are far enough before I walk into the crowd of people waving left and right. Suddenly, someone taps my shoulder, and I turn around. 

"What are you doing here?" I gasp.