Chapter Eight

During the taxi ride back, Daisy fell asleep on Jack's shoulder while Seb conversed with the driver about his life in Mallorca. It was a typical ride.

It's 4 am, but I suddenly want to discover what happened that night. I don't want to wait any longer. I have a feeling it may be related to the girl from the camp. He never mentioned her name as if she's a precious diamond that only he can remember.

Upon arriving home, Seb kindly tipped the friendly taxi driver for their company during the ride. Upon entering the house's front door, I witnessed Jack collapsing onto the sofa and immediately falling asleep. Daisy fetched herself a refreshing glass of water before weakly shaking her hand and retiring to her own room. Seb and I silently proceeded to our own room, careful not to disturb Jack.

Seb closes the door to our room; I grab my phone and start scrolling through Instagram while he gets ready to join me in bed. I come across a picture of Chloe and her friends having a great time at the beach club where we met earlier tonight. Her eyes seemed to read me like no one ever has before, and I can't stop thinking about it. Just the memory of it gives me goosebumps all over my skin.

"Are you cold? I can turn off the air conditioner if you like?" Seb was in bed with me, and I didn't notice him; I was too focused on Chloe's eyes and what happened. I look to Seb, trying to mask what I am thinking about and closing Instagram quickly. I look at him and shake my head, negating what he just asked.

As I reached over to turn off the soft light of my bedside lamp, Seb's arms suddenly wrapped around me, bringing a sense of warmth and security. However, his following words were enough to send a chill down my spine as he says, "We need to talk."

--

We are at the beach with Chloe and her friends. Chloe keeps staring at me, and I'm not sure what it means. It's confusing since she knows that Seb is my boyfriend. I wonder if I'm imagining things or if there's more to it.

I'm probably just imagining everything!

Sometimes, my thoughts drift back to last night when Seb mentioned that he needed to talk to me. However, I still don't know what it was about. This morning, Seb woke up early and went for a run while I was still sleeping. When he returned, he found Chloe and her friends in our apartment. They had planned a "friends bonding day at the beach," which Daisy had named. I admire Daisy's creativity, but I had different plans for the day. Unfortunately, those plans will have to wait.

After arriving at the beach, we set up our beach beds and chairs. Once we apply sunscreen, we jump into the sea. The coolness of the water balances out the hot sun, and we enjoy a moment of relaxation. However, my peaceful state is short-lived as someone interrupts it.

"Hey, you look great today!" Chloe was swimming beside me, and I hadn't even realized she was there.

"Thank you! You look great in that blue and red bikini," I complimented her. The colours really suit her and highlight your sporty figure. Her abs are impressive, like a Greek statue. It's clear that she takes fitness seriously.

"Do you have any plans for tonight?" She asks me.

"We don't have any plans," I respond.

"I didn't mean 'we'; I meant 'you' - do you have any plans for tonight?" Her emphasis on 'you' leaves me feeling a bit uneasy, and I struggle to respond. I can feel her gaze fixated on me, and I instinctively blurt out, "No, I don't have any plans."

She gave me a brief smile and instructed me to be ready by 8 pm, not giving me a chance to respond, similar to the previous night. She then goes back, joining Daisy and Jack's conversation.